062b - Take A Step Part 2

(062b - Take A Step Part 2)

HAPPY NEW MONTH FELLAS!🔥❤️

It's been a minute!

I can't begin to tell you how exciting it is to be back on Wattpad. I think this is the longest I've ever gone on hiatus (while I have a book ongoing), and it's actually telling on me. While I was writing this chapter, it felt a little strange... almost as if I've forgotten how to write 🤣😭.

I pray and hope it's never like this again because...💀. Better pray oo 🤣.

We are going to see Hilary make a big breakthrough in her healing journey and I can't wait for her to completely heal. But then, to everyone that makes a step forward, there is always someone out there that is moving a step backwards 💀.

Does that even make any sense?

I hope it does at the end of this updating frenzy❤️.

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘 (Hilary Idara Eghosa)

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘
(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

The first thing I noticed as soon as the Uber pulled up in front of the see-through gate, was Simi pacing the length and breadth of his compound, right outside the building of his house.

Immediately I saw him, I knew that he wasn't just out there to get fresh air, especially when his house was obviously well-conditioned and cozy. Besides, it was the harmattan period and it was really cold out.

He has been waiting for me.

How long has he been waiting for me?

At the sound of the raising of the engine, before it went off, he stopped short in his steps and turned his head in my direction, looking right at the Uber parked in front of his house. He couldn't see me because of the tinted glass of the car, but it was like he knew I was the one that just arrived.

He spurned on his feet immediately, making his way to the gate just as I finished paying the Uber driver and opened the car door to get out. The driver made a turn and zoomed off, just as Simi reached the gate and pulled it open for me to come in.

"How long have you been standing out here?"

Was the first question I asked as soon as I got in. He closed the gate behind us and came to stand in front of me, just inches away from me. I caught the familiar whiff of his perfume and fought the urge to inhale at that moment.