036 - More Revelations...

(036 - More Revelations...)

Who has missed Simi's POV? Yeah, me too. Would have loved to write in his POV a little more but the opportunity hasn't presented itself. Don't worry, this update and the next will make up for it because they are both on his POV.

I kinda feel this chapter is tacky, so bear with me. But you guys will be the judge. Let me know what you think.

Yeah, let's dive in.

• • • •

(RECAP : SIMI'S POV)

"Do you know what Dyscalculia is?"

Hilary asked me again when I didn't reply her the first time. And I didn't reply because I was repeating the word in my mind, trying to remember if I have heard it somewhere before, but it didn't ring a bell. Though, it did sound familiar, like I have heard a word related to it.

What is Dyscalculia? I asked myself.

I looked at her in silence, blinking in complete confusion while wondering what Dyscalculia was and if it had to do with me almost having a nervous breakdown because of maths.

I was terrible at math, or any subject that had calculations in general. But my reaction to the equation Hilary had given me to solve was a whole different thing entirely.

It was a first. A very scary first.

My expression must have given away my confusion because she just muttered a silent okay, saying after that it's alright if I didn't know what it was. Then she asked another question. This time, I was very familiar with what she asked me.

"Do you know what Dyslexia is?" She asked, and I nodded. Most people were very familiar with that word. They might not know what exactly it meant but they knew it was a learning disorder.

"Dyslexia is a learning disorder that has to do with difficulty in reading." I gave her a simple explanation of what it was, still trying to catch my breath from the episode I almost had.

I shook my head, trying to clear it of haziness as I took the bottled water sitting on the table to down another gulp. I had just taken one gulp when I realized Hilary had suddenly gone silent. When I turned to face her, she looked deep in thoughts.

Wait, does she think I have dyslexia? Was my exact thought.

"Hilary, I don't have dyslexia," I said to her, cutting her thoughts off because she looked at me immediately. "You know I read." I reminded her since we just talked not too long ago about how I was bibliophilic. She nodded.

I don't think I've ever had that much difficulty in reading. Asides from the time when I used to be very slow at it, which was all in the past now, reading has always been pretty easy for me. The words were not hard for me to comprehend and even if they were, I used to have a dictionary by my side back then.

It was one thing that I enjoyed doing in my free time, asides from taking a few laps in the swimming pool.

There's no way I could have dyslexia. It wasn't possible.

"I don't think you have dyslexia either, Simi." Hilary stated calmly, "That's why I asked first if you knew what Dyscalculia is." She added and I looked at her, waiting for her to tell me what that word meant because it was strange to me.