053 - Sleep Over Frenzy

(053 - Sleep Over Frenzy)

Song for the Chapter: Heat Waves by Glass Animals.

This chapter was meant to come before 053 and can see that by the Chapter number (so sorry for the little disorganization to those that read 053 before this).

All the events of this chapter took place the same day Semeeha apologized to Dawn and Hilary, so don't be confused. Though, this chapter is in Dawn's POV and the time frame is hours after school period.

It's been a while since we got into Dawn's head so I'm excited to explore her again and also her relationship dynamics with Chima😌✨. Also, you'll get to see some characters from BWBW (hehehe🌚). If you know, you know🤝🏾.

𝐃𝐀𝐖𝐍(Dawn Damipe Dayo)

𝐃𝐀𝐖𝐍
(Dawn Damipe Dayo)

"Do you guys really have to go?" I whined, following my parents out of the house. "You guys can just easily call and cancel. They will understand," I suggested desperately, watching them unload the trunk of the car with their bags.

"Cancel an annual, almost mandatory family function?" Mum looked at me, neatly carved brows tugged up in disbelief. Dad in turn chuckled lowly but said nothing. I pouted in response and nodded, hoping they'd see my desperation and just stay.

I cannot be the only one in the house with my crazy brothers and even crazier cousins. I'll just kill myself!

"Damipe, we have never missed this family function in years," She informed me of something I already knew about. "And now, you are asking us to cancel on going because you think your brothers will burn down the house with you in it?"

"You know they won't hesitate to," I answered her. "Especially Dean. He has been clamoring to be the firstborn for years now. This is his opportunity," I stated matter-of-factly. Mum looked up thoughtfully, tapping her chin with her index.

"Well..." She drawled.

"She does have a point," Dad chipped in, with a shrug.

"Thank You!" I threw my hands up, happy that someone is finally getting me. Dad laughed and blew me a kiss.

"It's an exaggeration," Mum still dismissed my fear with a wave of my hand. "Besides, Dunni will be here to supervise you. She's a mature adult," She added, throwing another bag into the trunk while I looked at her in bewilderment at the absurdity of her last statement.

Dunni Isoken Gentry? A Mature Adult? I laugh!

That big-headed, nonsensical cousin of mine even slyed me on this. She was supposed to come with her sisters so that we can have a joint sleepover and all the work won't be on me. But that girl canceled last minute so that she can recreate her first date with her ex... who was now back to being her boyfriend apparently.