040a - Family Dinner Part 1.

(040a - Family Dinner Part 1.)

So, you people almost murdered Collins in the last chapter, all because he interrupted the kiss 🤣💔. You all know me, if I want to write a kiss scene, I'd set the mood for it and the last chapter wasn't just the right time for their long-awaited kiss.

But is this chapter the right time?🌚

You'll just have to read to find out, hmmn😌.

𝐃𝐀𝐖𝐍(Dawn Damipe Dayo)

𝐃𝐀𝐖𝐍
(Dawn Damipe Dayo)

"Thank you," I said to the driver after we scanned our bus pass on the biometric scanner that would clear us for exit. The elder man nodded, smiling at me and I turned to get down from the bus.

Chima, who had already gotten down from the bus, stretched his hands out to help me down.

"Careful," He whispered cautiously, placing his hands on either side to my waist to hoist me up from the foot of the bus and bring me down. I steadied my hands on his shoulder and allowed him to carry me.

"Thanks," I smiled when my feet touched the floor, hearing the bus zoom off behind us.

I sighed, removing my hands from his shoulder and letting them fall to my side. I could see my house standing just a few blocks away from the bus stop, standing tall with other houses.

This is it.

"Here we are," I muttered, more to myself than to Chima but I knew he heard me because there was no distance between us.

"Here we are," He repeated. I noticed his tone was a little shaky and his voice sounded like they had come from a place of unease, which was strange because I've never seen Chima being uneasy before.

So, I looked at him and saw it all.

For someone that had control over his emotions, his expression looked rather conflicted, flashes of emotions running through his features that it was hard to read them all. But the one emotion that stood out, that I could pinpoint was a hint of Uncertainty.

"Chima," I called him and he turned to look at me.

From the way he turned, he knew I had been watching at him so he did not attempt to hide the emotions that clouded his face. I actually appreciated that, appreciated that he was letting me see him that way.