017c - The Paragon Part 3

(017c - The Paragon Part 3)

Brace yourselves for some gbas gbos 🌚.

P. S. For everyone confused as to why they already have their votes on a chapter that just got updated, this chapter was formally an author's note I published before. I just unpublished the author's note and replaced with this one. If you read that author's note and voted on it, your votes are already here, so don't fret. 👌🏾

𝐉𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐀(Jidenna Leo Okojie)

𝐉𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐀
(Jidenna Leo Okojie)

My mind was a minefield of thoughts. Several thoughts.

It was just about an hour to the final game of the Paragon, the American Football game. The Basketball match had been a success, Crestview leading with sixty-seven points to forty-five against LIC. But I knew if I don't get my thoughts in order, I might mess up the final game of the night for my teammates.

That's why I was seated on one of the benches in the locker room, a secluded one away from where most of the other guys were, trying to get everything she had said to me out of my mind. I held onto my helmet, taking in a deep breath as I tried to empty my mind.

Nothing was working. All her words, as well as her expression when she spoke, were ingrained in my mind.

She was the first person that will show it, without any remorse, that she didn't like me. She has succeeded in getting under my skin and staying there. It was a new feeling I didn't expect and was not ready to welcome. She was challenging everything I have ever worked for, everything I have ever done to remain relevant in the school. She was making me question if it was all worth it,

Because what was the use trying to get into everyone's good book if there was that one person... that one person that didn't like me. That one person that saw through every single one of your facade. That one person that has been able to figure me out for the first time in a long while. That one person that broke me down completely just by looking at me.

Adela Yongo.

Frustrated, I allowed my mind to wander back to the conversation we had. The conversation that will be ingrained in my mind for a very long time.

I stood in front of the infirmary, leaning against the wall beside the door. My ankle had gotten better, thanks to an aggressive massage from the health prefect herself, the same girl I was waiting for to come out of the female ward I had seen her enter a few minutes ago. It seemed a little stalk-ish, but I just felt the need to clear the air after what she had said on the field.