3- Mara Athena

*Warning- this chapter contains strong language which might upset you*

"Did Second Young Master kill her?"

"What nonsense are you spouting, you stupid? Second Young Master said he saw her near the club and her whole body was freezing. So he took her back since she fainted. It looks like something happened because her right arm is bleeding. Maybe Young Master tried to kill her"

The woman's loud voice from outside made Asteria's eyes widened in realization. She quickly sat up on the bed with a speed. The white wall was the first one her eyes met. She explored the room with narrowed eyes. Normal lamp, plain white curtain and white couch.

She was in a simple room.

Her hand reached to her right arm quickly, making sure if she was alive or reborn again. "Ah.." she groaned in pain. She still could feel the wound. So she was still alive, she survived from the death. A satisfied small smile appeared on her face. "Thank goodness" she sighed in relief.

Since it was the morning, Asteria's stomach growled. "Are you awake now?" A woman's voice brought Asteria back from thinking what to eat. The woman was standing at the door in maid outfit, she was looking at Asteria as if she was seeing a filthy trash. It made Asteria frowned.

The woman's voice contained annoyance. Asteria could feel it. "Yes" she answered as tried to step out of the bed. "Don't you dare to move. Go back to sleep" the woman spoke like an owner of the house. Asteria's frown tightened. Just by a look, she could tell that the woman was the maid.

"I am hungry"

"So what? The breakfast time is over. Don't cause troubles and go back to sleep" the woman's lips twitched in disgust. Asteria jaw dropped, she did not know what to say anymore. It was as if the woman put the glue on her lips. "No, it is not over until I say so"

The young woman's cold reply stunned the woman in maid outfit. It was the first time the young woman had spoken back bravely. The woman could not believe her own eyes and ears. What was going on? Normally, the girl would nod in fear and do as she said.

But now she even talked back bravely. The woman frowned as she stepped forward to the young woman who was looking straight into her eyes. "You dare to talk back?!" In a blink, the woman slapped Asteria's cheek hardly, making the young woman stunned.

'This bitch!' Asteria's eyes started to fill with flames. Her glowing eyes somehow made the woman quivered in fear. "You, tell me your name" Asteria coldly spoke as she stepped out of the bed, facing the woman with a murderess look. "Did you get amnesia?"

The woman asked with a disgusted look. "Don't make me repeat, you old witch" Asteria's harsh words made the woman bit her lip in embarrassment. "How dare you talk like that to your elderly?!" The woman shouted loudly, pointing the finger at Asteria.

"You are fucking deaf, aren't you?"

The young woman lifted her inner eyebrows along with upper lip, showing a disgusted look to the woman. "You!" The woman raised her right hand into the air, ready to slap Asteria really hard. "You are so slow, no wonder your age is almost near the end" Asteria caught the maid's hand.

The woman's face flushed in embarrassment and frustration. "Let me go! I said let me go! Mara Athena! Let me go!" Suddenly the name which the woman called made Asteria eyes widened in disbelief. "What did you just call me?" The young woman questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

"Mara Athena! Are you satisfied? Now let me go, you little bitch!" The woman shouted loudly that even Asteria's ears could bleed. Asteria quickly let go the woman's hand as she fell on knees. "No way.. don't tell me this is the novel I read and disliked" she murmured as hands ran through her hair.