52- Stop lying

In the morning,

"You have arrived, Miss" the taxi driver spoke to the young woman as Mara paid the cost and thanked the man. She went out of the car quickly and stepped into the company. Her brows pulled together as her face showed displeasement.

Mara got a phone call from one of the employees this morning. It was said that the important contract of the collaboration between 'Reece' company and 'Sun' company was lost. The young woman panicked when she heard about that. She almost tripped on air.

As Mara stepped into the company, the woman who informed about what happened ran towards the young woman with worries and anxiety written on her face. She was afraid of getting fired since she failed to protect the important contract.

"Miss Mara" the woman approached the young woman with a frown. "Explain yourself" Mara spoke with a cold face as her eyes were showing anger. The woman pressed her lips in anxiety. "I went back to home early yesterday. And I left the company with the guard.

When I arrived to the company this morning, I was the only one in the company. I decided to work and I needed your approval. So I went into your office to put the file on your table. I did not notice the things at first.

But my eyes saw the drawer of your table. The drawer was unlocked. So I decided to close it because I thought you left it open yesterday. But I suddenly remembered that you did not come to the company yesterday. And I got curious.

So I opened the drawer but it was empty. The important contract which you used to put in the drawer was lost. I did not believe my eyes at first. However, I could not find any important contracts in your office. I quickly called you when I found out about that, Miss"

The woman explained.

Mara furrowed her brows and squeezed her eyes in annoyance. "I will go check it" the young woman spoke as the woman nodded in understatement. "Follow me" Mara ordered as the woman quickly went after her. "Do others know about this?"

The young woman questioned. "No, Miss. I haven't tell yet"the woman responded. "Great, zip your mouth. Keep this as a secret between you and me. No, among three of us" Mara said and stepped into the elevator with quick steps. "Three?"

The woman tilted her head and furrowed her brows in confusion. "Kylo Aaron is my assistant. He needs to know about this" Mara spoke with a stone face. It was when the woman nodded in understatement. "I understand, Miss" the woman lowered her head and replied.

Mara gritted her teeth in anger. It must be Remy Horper. He must be the one who stole the contracts. Since he was willing to destroy the company if he could not have it, he must be the one who did these. "Does Kylo know too? Have you told him yet?"

Mara asked and furrowed her brows in annoyance, cursing at Remy Horper in her mind. "Umm, yes. He was standing in front of your office when I walked out. And he noticed that something was not right and asked me what's wrong. So I explained since he's the assistant of yours, Miss"

The woman explained as the young woman frowned. Something was fishy. The woman said she met Kylo in front of the office. It was as if that was just a coincidence. But why was he standing there? Did he already know about that? But if he knew, he would have informed her first.

Suddenly Mara squeezed her eyes in realization. That's right, Kylo was seeking for a revenge. He was not working as her assistant for real. It was just a cover. He must be the one who did these. As the elevator door opened, Mara went out of it with a cold face.

She literally forgot the fact for a moment. When the young woman stepped into the office, Kylo was also in the office. He was sitting on the couch while his aurora green eyes were calm like a stream. Not even panicking. Kylo got up from the seat quickly.