19- Crime partner

*Mara's house design is on the top!*

"Hold the knife firmly!"

The young woman shouted at the two girls who were struggling to move their hands faster while holding the knives. Lila flinched at the shout and gripped the knife handle tightly. They three were standing at the backyard of the house, in small garden.

Mara was sitting at the seat with tea cup while watching the two girls from afar. "Start!" she ordered as Lily swayed the knife to the back quickly and bent down. "Great!! It is to defend yourself when someone tried to attack you from behind"

The young woman explained patiently, she was sitting under the shade as the Husky was playing with a ball alone. "Your turn, Lila!" Mara shouted and furrowed her brows, waiting for the girl to start. Lila gulped and squeezed her eyes.

She inhaled a sharp breath, her caramel brown colored eyes flickered under the bright sunlight when she opened her eyes, they became perilous. Mara frowned and narrowed her eyes in confusion and disbelief. She raised her eyebrow in understatement.

Her lips formed into a smile in amusement. Lila was not the ordinary type. That girl might look like a cheerful girl who smiled a lot, but in fact she was the dangerous type. Seemed like the girl only show her true color when it was time. "Start!"

Mara ordered. Lila nodded. Her hand moved to the back and bent down, she just did them in a blink. It was the moment Mara's lips curved up into a satisfied smile. She was right, Lily might look better than Lila on the outside.

But, Lila and Lily were on the same level.

"Very good, Lily and Lila!"

Mara praised the two girls as Lily and Lila's faces beamed with big smiles. "Ok, let's move on to the next one!" The young woman stood up from the seat and walked towards the two girls. "This time, I will show how to kill someone just with bare hands"

Her words made the two girls blinked twice in disbelief. "No, don't look at me like that. You two have to kill when the time comes. Look at me! This injured ankle and this wound were not happened by accident. Someone tried to kill me"

Mara explained the truth. Lila gasped in disbelief. "So, you killed that someone?" Lily asked with furrowed eyebrows. Mara shook her head. "I was running out of blood when that man stabbed my side of stomach. Thankfully, my partner came to save me"

Lila jaw dropped, did her Miss just say partner? She had a partner? "You have a boyfriend?!" Lila shouted in disbelief. Her question made Mara squeezed her eyes in annoyance. "No, Lila. He is my crime partner, not in that way" the young woman explained.

"Oh.. I understand, Miss"

"Well, you two have to know about something. There is a man called Remy Horper, he is trying to kill me to get my company. Basically, he is a greedy dog. So your job is to protect me from those greedy dogs including my stupid father. But he is not my father anymore"

The young woman said with a stone face, making the two girls quivered in fear. The young woman was talking as if it was fine to kill her own father. "Can I ask you something, Miss?" Lila raised her hand with an awkward smile. "Go on"

"Are you single?" the girl's question made Mara blinked twice in confusion. "Does it look like every man on this planet is suitable with me?" the young woman questioned back, her words were enough for the two girls to understand.

Lila panicked, she thought she made her Miss angry. "I-I am sorry, Miss! I did not mean to cross the line! It is just because I want to know if there is man who got a perfect woman like you" Lila answered while lowering her head, avoiding eye contact.