43- The male lead

*Warning- this chapter contains strong language which might upset you*

Mara blinked twice.

Did her ears trip? Did Lovelyn just say Lucas was the one who refused her to work as his assistant? Did she just say he was the male lead indirectly? The young woman stepped back from the man as she gulped. No, no way. Then Lucas Callum was the male lead?

'Damn it.. why do I keep meeting with the main leads?!' Mara bit her lower lip in frustration. Feeling annoyed. She was the one who said she would never involve in the problems with the main leads. But turned out she had already met every main leads.

And even interacted with the two male leads. That was unacceptable. This novel was completely wrong. This novel was not the one she knew. Not the one she had read. "You! I will show you that you did the wrong choice!" Lovelyn pointed her finger at the man.

Her face darkened as she gritted her teeth in anger. Causing Lucas to chuckle in amusement. "Keep trying then" he spoke with a mocking smile. Making more tears dripped down from Lovelyn's blue colored eyes. She was crying really hard.

"Shit.." Mara cursed under her breath and turned around, ready to leave the cafe since she did not want to interact with the main leads anymore. Even an ice cube king Ezekial Clyde fell for her. She could not tell if Lucas would fall too.

She was not full of herself. She was thinking of the possibility. It was not like she could see the future since everything had changed. So it was the best choice to hide from the main leads before she made another same mistake.

Before Mara started the mess, she must run away as far as possible from these main leads. "Wait!" Lucas called the young woman but she had already left him. It seemed like she was running away from something. Lucas squeezed his eyes in annoyance.

His natural crystal eyes fell onto Lovelyn who was crying in anger. He was not staring at the girl with affection nor pity. It was the glare. Lucas was glaring at the girl for making the young woman run away from him. "Damn it!" He murmured furiously.

Lucas left the cafe with a frown.

Leaving Lovelyn alone with her friend. Lovelyn sat down on the seat while biting her lower lip in frustration. She wanted to slap that man who named Lucas Callum just for once. He rejected her so harshly as if she had done something wrong to him.

"Stop crying!!" The friend of the female lead aka Belle spoke as she handed the tissue to the girl. "I hate him so much!" Lovelyn pouted and sniffled, wiping away her tears with the tissue. A loud sigh escaped Belle's lips.

"Seriously, why are you crying just because of that? You should be smiling! Keep your head up. You have to show that you can live without being that man's assistant!" Belle said with furrowed eyebrows. Telling her best friend to stop being weak. "He is so heartless!"

But seemed like Belle's words did not reach to Lovelyn's ears. She kept crying in anger and embarrassment, murmuring how much she hated the man. "Alright, cry as much as you want Lovelyn. I just don't know what to do anymore!" Belle spoke in annoyance.

Mara stepped into the company with quick steps. She just directly went into the elevator as her hand was gripping the plastic bag tightly. Her eyes were shaking in disbelief. Why? Why were those male leads trying to get near to her?

Did she get that male lead's attention too? Did she make another male lead fall for her too? Mara bit her lower lip in annoyance. It was too late to return the things back to normal. She had ruined everything. "Please don't like me"

Mara murmured.

She was wishing for the male lead to fall for the female lead only. It was fine if the second male lead liked her instead of the female lead. Because he was going to separate with Lovelyn Elain in the end. He was not the male lead. So it was really fine.