48- His jealousy

"Please follow me, Miss Mara"

Kylo and the young woman went after Tara. Their steps were directing to the office of Ezekial Clyde. But Mara's eyes were searching for someone. Her eyes were busy finding someone. The female lead of the novel, Lovelyn Elain.

If Mara was right, the female lead should be working in 'Jole' company. Lovelyn must be in this company as an assistant of Ezekial Clyde. Lovelyn should be working together with others and getting the love from everyone.

However no matter how hard Mara tried, she failed to find the female lead. Confusing the young woman. Maybe Lovelyn Elain was in the office of Ezekial. Maybe they two were working together while smiling like fools in love.

"Sir Ezekial, Miss Mara has arrived" Tara spoke and knocked on the door twice. "Let her come in!" The response from the man in the office was quick. It was as if he had been waiting for the young woman to arrive. Tara twisted the door's handle.

As the door opened, the sight of Ezekial sitting on the couch while smiling at the young woman made Tara eyes widen in surprise for a second. The man who had never smiled before was sitting on the couch while smiling like a fool at the young woman.

It was unexpected for Tara. She had been his man's assistant for years. It was the first time she had seen the smile of Ezekial Clyde. This young woman named Mara Athena must be a powerful woman. She could even make this ice cube smile.

"Welcome, Mara" Ezekial spoke and stood up from the couch, stepping near to the young woman with a smile. But Kylo who was behind Mara, quickly stood beside the young woman and looked into Ezekial's eyes with murder.

He was telling Ezekial not to come near to the young woman. However Mara smiled at Ezekial and stepped forward to shake her hand with the man. Causing Kylo to furrow his brows in displeasement and annoyance.

Tara stood behind Ezekial as an assistant.

"Please sit" Ezekial spoke and sat down. Mara nodded with a usual smile. Then she sat across the man while Kylo stood behind her. Kylo's aurora green eyes were looking down at Ezekial as if the man in front of him was trying to steal someone from him.

"Please let me explain" Tara spoke and placed the file in front of the young woman. But Mara's eyes were not focusing on the file. She was busy searching for the female lead. Where was Lovelyn Elain? Why wasn't she with the second male lead like the novel?

"If you are fine with these, you can sign the contract" Tara who finished explaining about the collaboration, looked at the young woman who was spacing out. Everyone observed the young woman in confusion. "Mara?" Kylo called the young woman's name.

Pulling her from the train of thoughts. Mara furrowed her brows and looked up at the man who called her without Miss for the first time. Did she just hear the things or did Kylo actually call her like that in front of others? Kylo looked down at the young woman.

He raised his eyebrow. Acting like he did not do anything wrong. But his heart was beating really fast. It was his first time calling the young woman like that. He never imagined himself calling her like that. It was a slip of his tongue.

But of course, it was a lie. He was lying to himself. Kylo just believed like that to refuse the truth. He just called her like that because he just could not stand and watch Ezekial staring at the young woman with affection.

He was jealous. He wanted to show Ezekial that he was not just an assistant of the young woman. His jealousy was growing bigger and bigger. Mara faced Ezekial, shrugging away the thoughts. She was sure that Kylo just called her 'Mara' for the first time.