11- I will bring the war

*Warning- this chapter contains strong language which might upset you*

"Congratulations, Uncle. I am sure that your idea will be the big hit"

Mara shook her hand with Noah Flynn, they just finished discussing about the collaboration between their two companies. Noah Flynn was shocked to see how the young woman could make him trust her easily and sign the contract smoothly.

"Yea, I agree" the man replied, already seeing the bright future of the young woman. The young woman stood up from the seat, getting ready to leave the restaurant. Aleksander quickly stood up from the seat. "Wait, Mara. Can we talk?" he asked with a hint of sadness in his eyes.

Mara was dumbfounded, she gulped. She looked down at her wrist to check the time, it was 5 in the evening, time to go pick her Husky back from dogs daycare park. Mara did not know what to reply. She pressed her lips, thinking of an excuse. But no excuses came up.

"I apologize, I still have works to do. Maybe next time" She answered with a usual smile, making Alek fell into silence. Kylo glanced at the young woman who was smiling at Alek. "Well, Mara is a busy woman now, Alek. You can't ask her to stay all the time like you used to"

Noah spoke, patting his son's back. He was signaling his son not to cause a mess. "Yea, I understand. Give me your number then" Alek asked, Mara nodded. "Give me your phone" Alek handed his phone as Mara dialed her number then gave it back to the man.

Maybe that Aleksander Flynn was not a bad guy and he could be a great friend. Mara decided to become friend with that man. Having a boy bestfriend could not harm her so it was ok. "Thanks.." Alek murmured. "Welcome, then Uncle, see you soon"

Noah nodded and shook hands with the young woman again. Mara bid goodbye and walked out of the restaurant after paying for what they drank. Kylo followed her, not uttering any word. Alek's eyes did not leave from the young woman until she disappeared from his sight.

"She has changed"

Noah spoke as he walked out of the restaurant with his son behind after the young woman left. "I know right. She looks so different. She looks exactly like her mother now" Alek replied as he sat down at the driver seat while his father sat down beside him, at the passenger seat.

"I agree. She has grown up into a wise woman" Noah smiled, waiting to see his son's reaction. "Mmm" Alek could not even reply, he just nodded in agreement. He was busy thinking about how to apologize to the young woman for what happened.

"Drive me back to the company" Mara ordered as Kylo closed the car door. The car was the company car so she could not order the driver to drive her to wherever she wanted. Not too long after, they arrived back to the company.

Mara quickly got out from the car, not even waiting for Kylo to open the door. "Umm, can you take care of the rest? I really need to go now" she said to Kylo with furrowed eyebrows. "Thank you, Kylo" she did not even let the man reply and thanked him with a simple smile.

Then she went into the taxi in hurry. Since the dogs daycare park was going to close at 6pm, she needed to hurry. Kylo was dumbfounded when the young woman left him in front of the company without letting him talk back.

She could have asked the driver to drive her to wherever she wanted and yet she did not. Instead, she went back with the taxi. She looked like a mother who was running back to primary school to pick her daughter up. Kylo shook his head and stepped into the company.

Today was the weird day for him. He had seen the different Mara Athena for the first time. She had never look straight into someone's eyes but now she walked with head up like a queen who everyone feared, she talked like a wise woman without any mistakes.