25- I don't have time to care

"No, Alek! I am asking for the reason why you hate it. Not asking if you hate it or not" Mara asked with a tightened frown, completely losing her patience. "I-I can't say it" Alek lowered his head, acting like a kitten who was scared to face his owner after creating the chao.

A sigh escaped the young woman's lips. She just could not reply, the words were nowhere to be found. She could not scold this man too. "Alright, I forgive you, Alek. So just sit back and let's continue the dinner" the young woman shrugged away the thoughts.

She just could not scold this man like a fifty years old woman. She would let this one slide since she did not mind because she was not the one who lost the puppy. But that did not mean she was heartless, ofc, she still felt a little mad to hear like that from the man.

The young woman's words made the man smiled. Alek looked up at Mara with softened eyes as a small smile was seen on his face. "Thank you, Mara" the man stood up from the floor and pulled the young woman into his arms, completely stunning Mara.

He could make the young woman's heart flutter with the sudden hug. His broad chest and hard abs pressed onto the young woman's body. He tightened the grip and thanked her. Mara gulped, she could feel the warmth and hard abs on her belly. 'I swear, I ain't no simp'

She refused to admit. Which woman would not simp for hot men? Since she was in the novel, everyone was going to be perfect as hell. She knew it. Even the second male lead of this novel was handsome and hot like hell. Mara broke the hug with a smile.

"You better sit down or else my stomach is going to mad at you" the young woman's words made Alek chuckled in satisfaction. "I understand, my lady" he sat across the young woman and continued the dinner. He did not even touch the food.

He only drank the beer while a small smile was seen on his face. He could not take his eyes off from the young woman who was eating elegantly. The way she chewed the food and drank the wine, the way her face showed the coldness, they drove the man crazy.

"Aren't you going to eat?"

Mara furrowed her brows at the sight of Alek staring at her with a small smile, not eating the food. "No, I am already full" "Then why did you order? It is going to be wasted, do you want me to finish that for you?" Mara asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"As you like, do whatever you want" Alek spoke. 'He sounds like a sweet boyfriend' the young woman spoke in her mind as she took the plate from the man. Since the food was really expensive, she should not waste the food so she had to finish it. "Then I will finish this"

She said with a small smile, Alek nodded. He let the young woman do whatever she wanted. He never stopped the young woman from doing something. If she wanted it, he would do it without hesitating. He could even give his life if she wanted.

They two enjoyed the dinner. "Do you like the food from here?" Alek questioned as they two went into the elevator. There was a couple in the elevator, looking at Aleksander and Mara shamelessly. "Mmm, I like it honestly" the young woman answered.

"Isn't that Aleksander Flynn?" The woman questioned as she tightened her grip on the man's arm. "Yes, it is him" "Then who the heck is that woman beside him?!" "I don't know, I have never seen her before. Maybe she is his hidden girlfriend?"

"No, I don't think so. I think it is his friend or something" "Why do you care about him that much anyway? I am your boyfriend! Look at me only!" "Shut up! Aleksander is the interesting man! Ofc, I want to know who that woman is"

The couple whispered.

The elevator was in silence so their whispers were loud enough for the Alek and Mara to hear. They annoyed the young woman. They were talking as if they only existed in this elevator. The young woman gritted her teeth and inhaled a sharp breath.