41- One of the best nights

Mara steps stopped.

Her eyes met the table where Juliet Horper was sitting without a masquerade mask on. The table was in the middle of the hall, catching everyone's attention. It was obvious. Juliet was thinking highly of herself and wanting to embarrass the young woman who dared to challenge her.

"Nice to meet you" Juliet greeted with a mocking smile. Mara stared at the woman's face. She sat down across the woman as her eyes were filled with hatred. "Hi" she dryly replied as Oliver stood behind her chair.

Since the young woman disappeared from Juliet Horper and Remy Horper's sight for a month, Juliet failed to recognize Mara's voice. She really forgot the voice of her step daughter. Oliver stared down at the woman who nearly killed his mother.

"You can bet now!" The two girls shouted as Juliet smirked, knowing that everyone was going to bet on her. The spectators actually betted on Juliet Horper since they had never seen the young woman's skills. Mara chuckled deeply when everyone betted on Juliet.

"I can take everything if I win right?" The young woman raised her eyebrow at the piles of money. The two girls nodded. "Yes, Miss. If you win, everything is yours" one of the girls explained with a stone face. "But no one betted on you though" Juliet tilted her and pouted.

Mocking the young woman.

"I bet a million dollars on my woman" Oliver spoke and put his hands in the pockets. Showing his cold face to everyone. Juliet furrowed her brows, feeling familiar with the voice. But she shrugged away her impossible thoughts. "Awn, so sweet"

Juliet chuckled in amusement. Mara looked up at the man with a smile. She winked at him, telling him that she was going to win for sure. Oliver's lips formed into a small smile when the young woman winked at him. His heart started racing loudly.

His eyes were showing affection but he did not realize his actions. Mara faced the woman and smiled. "What are we waiting for? Let's start" she raised her eyebrow as Juliet chuckled in satisfaction. This young woman was believing she was going to win the game.

Juliet's lips curved up into a smirk. Thinking she was going to make the young woman cry in embarrassment like she did to others. The game started as spectators whooped and clapped loudly. Oliver could not stand behind the young woman.

Since it was one of rules. He had to sit at the table and watch. Seconds to minutes passed, the game began to finish. Spectators were smiling like fools since it was clearly showing that Juliet Horper was winning the game. "What to do? You are going to lose"

Juliet gasped, acting like she was worrying for the young woman. The crowd laughed out loud except Oliver. They all were mocking the young woman, bullying her obviously. But everyone quieted down when Mara started chuckling deeply.

"AHAHAHA.. AHAHAHAHAHA"

Mara laughed out loud as people stared at her with frowns. Oliver tilted his head with boredom, already knowing what she was doing. "W-why are you laughing? You are not in a situation to laugh" Juliet furrowed her brows and questioned in confusion.

"Straight flush" Mara spoke and placed the five cards on the table. She was holding the second most powerful poker hand. The hall quieted down, losing words to say. It was the moment Oliver started laughing in satisfaction. He knew it.

This young woman was not going to lose. She really was entertaining. Mara looked at Juliet with a smirk. She tilted her head while pouting. "Awn what to do? You lost the game" the young woman gasped, mocking the woman who was gripping on the cards tightly.

Her face flushed in embarrassment. She bit her lower lip in frustration. Juliet never expected the loss. No, it was unacceptable. She was the queen of poker. Only she could win. Juliet threw the cards onto the table as she stood up from the seat.