Chapter 12 - The Plan Of The Damned

CHAPTER 12 – THE PLAN OF THE DAMNED

  MAYBE I WAS GOING CRAZY. Or maybe I already was.  Yeah that was more likely. Because there was no other reasonable explanation on why I had called Ryder and had told him to meet me up at the park from the moment I had already told him that "it" was over.

   But I was already ready and on my way to the park without caring and without worrying and feeling embarrassed about the earlier "fiasco". I just wanted to leave from my house, my parents, Seth, everyone and everything! Even if it was just for a while.

  When I arrived, a couple minutes later, he was already there, standing against his motorcycle holding a brown lunch bag like I had asked him to.

  I turned the engineer off and got out of the car, walking slowly, hesitatingly towards him not knowing how to start the conversation and if it was gonna be awkward.

 I was just a few feet away when I fasten up my pace and snatched the brown bag from his hands, taking a big sip from the alcohol I had asked him to bring. The hot fluid burned my throat and stomach but I didn't stop gulping it down.

 Ryder looked at me confused, a piece of his black jet hair falling on his forehead and when he saw I wasn't planning on stopping he took it effortlessly from my mouth. "Wow, easy there cupcake." He said jokingly but still with a trace of worry on his voice.

 He placed the bottle down and looked at me worried. "Are you okay?" He asked, seeing my most probably upset and pissed off look.

  I leaned beside him on the motorcycle and put my hands on my sweater pockets. "No." I said with a small voice, looking down the floor.

"What happened?"

I shrugged "My life sucks."

He chuckled. "You're gonna have to be more specific than that cupcake."

I sighed. "Well, my mother is a control freak, my dad basically doesn't care about me and my brother..." I looked up at him "Hangs out with druggies and I don't know what is wrong with him cause no one tells me."  I looked at him meaningfully to catch the point and he rolled his eyes at me "But my main problem is my parents."

"Explain."

And I did. I told him about the Dinner fiasco and genially everything that was bothering me with my stuck up parents and what socked me the most wasn't that I told him everything about my life, I had passed the point of me being surprised that I was telling him such a private information. No, that wasn't what socked me. What socked me was that Ryder listened to me carefully and understandingly.

 When I finished he nodded understandingly and said; "That really sucks cupcake. If it makes you feel any better anyone has family problems."

I raised an eyebrow "Do you?" I asked before I could stop myself. I knew better than to ask this question. I knew, everybody did, that Ryder didn't have the best relationship with his parents since they were sick of his behavior.

I was expecting Ryder to be pissed off at my question but instead he didn't look the slightest bothered as he normally would. "Of course." Was the only thing he said

I bit my lip. "How... how do you deal with it?" I asked surprising myself. Who would have thought? Chloe Anderson asking Ryder West for family crisis advice.

He shrugged. "Drinking. Getting high. Sometimes running away." He said like it was the easiest thing in the world.

I scoffed "Cause that your solution to everything?" I asked before I could stop myself, immediately regretting every word. That was harsh. And of course I wasn't surprised when his jaw clenched.