#BONUSCHAPTER2 -LIFE HAPPENS

Hello fam, how are you? How has 2018 been so far? This is another "in the future" bonus chapter and I know you're gonna LOVE it. Enjoy :)

*     *      *

          BONUS CHAPTER #2 – LIFE HAPPENS

RYDER’S POV

“Yo,yo, yo! Ryder West is in the house!” Jared screamed on top of his lungs as he opened the front door of his house before I could even knock.  

  I peeked inside to see who he was screaming too. Only his mom was in the living room.

“Keep it down will ya? I just put the baby to sleep.” Ella, scoffed at him from over the couch where she was watching Dr.Phill.

“Didn’t you hear me woman? I said Ryder West is in the house!”

I gave him a slap on the back of his head as I stepped inside the living room “Shut the fuck up asshole, let my godson sleep.”

He laughed, closing the door behind us “To what do I owe this honor of having you here?”

I ignored him and went over to the couch to give Ella a kiss on the cheek “How are you Ella?”

She gave a warm smile “Really good dear. How are ya? How’s ya mom?”

“She’s fine. Working, as usual.”

“Oh poor thing but she has no other choice. Have ya had anything to eat? Annabelle cooked today.”

I looked at her with pure horror “Uhh no thanks.” 

They all laughed and I could hear movement coming from the kitchen as I predicted. Annabelle stuck her head out of the kitchen door “Hey” she protested “I’m trying!”

I laughed and went over to give her a kiss on the side of her head “I’m just screwing with ya.”

I walked inside the kitchen and went immediately to the stove. I was starving “What did you cooked?”

She sat down in one of the kitchen stools “Spaghetti and meat sauce.”

“Hell yeah.” I said immediately reaching for a plate.

“Make yourself at home.” She mumbled sarcastically making me laugh.

If someone told me two years ago that Annabelle Smith and I would someday became good friends and that I would end up being the godfather of her child, I would’ve probably said that Jurassic park was more possible to happen.

But times and people change. And life was full of surprises.

Her phone ringed signaling she had a message as I served myself food and I frozed for a second, knowing, or more like guessing who it may be. And it was always the same person.

I pretended I hadn’t noticed anything and filled up my plate, taking a seat across from her while spying on her with the corner of my eye. She laughed at something she read on her phone and began typing furiously. 

“What’s so funny?” I asked mouthful, trying not to let her figure out I was spying on her.

She shook her head, still smiling “Oh nothing.”

Jared walked inside the kitchen then, closing the door behind him “So what’s up West? Want a beer?”

“Sure.”

He grabbed two bottles out of the fridge, pulled out the caps and handed me one.

“Thanks.” I said taking a sip.

  Annabelle’s phone beeped again and she couldn’t have unlocked it faster. Was it… was it her? I wanted to ask. But I knew I would bring both of them in a difficult position. They had been so supportive of me the last two years, helping me with literally everything I did in my life, trying to make me forget and get over her by not speaking at all about her when I was around. I was both grateful and annoyed by that.