Chapter 17 - The Good Girl Steps Up

CHAPTER 17 - THE GOOD GIRL STEPS UP

 And surely there she stood, in the middle of the living room, hands in her hips and all, clicking her right heel on the floor tiles making me immediately want to leave again.

But it was too late.

I closed the door behind me nervously and took a deep breath as I walked towards with trembling legs. "Hey mo-"

"Care to explain what on earth happened in school today?" she asked before I can even finish my sentence.

Okay, she was mad.

"Yeah... Uhm.... It was an accident-"

"An accident?" she asked suspiously, disbelief written all over her face. "Well if it was an accident it most definitely seems like it is yours and not the poor guy's that you flashed him!"

I froze in my spot taken aback and totally confused at what she had just said. What? "What?" I repeated my thoughts.

"Look what you are wearing!? Of course and you 'provoked' the poor boy if you went to school dressed like this! I don't approve your clothes once and you go to school dress up like a... like a hoe? I thought we had raised you better than this Chloe Anderson!"

I couldn't believe in my ears! What... what was exactly that she was saying? That it was my fault he couldn't keep... it in his pants? That it was my fault him and he's stupid friends gushed coca cola all over me so they can finally drew my attention to them? That it was my fault they were so pathetically needy and didn't 'got any action' from girls that they felt the 'need' to wet my clothes so they can finally see some skin? That was.... That was bullshit! She couldn't actually think that I did it on purpose to 'provoke' him or whatever! That was definitely the principal putting ideas in my already narrow-minded mother.

"Mom I... But I..." I was literally speechless. And here's me thinking for one moment that my mom would actually understand what had happen today.

"I won't allow my daughter to become Oakheart's just because of her stupid teeny hormones do you understand me Chloe?"

"No." I snapped before I could stop myself "as in matter of fact I don't understand mom! You haven't even heard my side of the story and choose to believe a stranger?"

My mom looked at me surprised "Did you just raise your voice on me Chloe?"

The confidence I had just one second ago vanished immediately and fear took over as I took a look on my mother's angry face. I crossed the line by snapping at her. This kind of attitude didn't work on her. I shouldn't have talked at all.

"Sorry." I mumbled looking down the floor.

I heard her sigh. And then she said; "Just go to your room Chloe. I don't want to talk to you right now. I am really disappointed."

Ouch.

I left without a word, my eyes locked with the floor, not able to look at her in the eyes. I dragged myself upstairs and fell onto my stomach to the bed burying my face to the pillows.

Great. My mom was disappointed. She didn't even properly yell at me which was way worse than being silent. Silence was the worst. She really was disappointed in me. And there was nothing worse than your parents being disappointed in you. Looking at you like you just screwed up everything and that you won't succeed anything in life, ever.

I stayed like this forever and found myself swimming in a pool of tears feeling absolutely useless and ashamed at myself for daring to snap at my mom like this. I couldn't bring myself to go down and apologize to her.