Chapter 1 - The Good Girl Has Secrets

CHAPTER 1 - THE GOOD GIRL HAS SECRETS

The ride home was awkward.

Really awkward. 

  And since I wasn't familiar with awkward situations before I didn't really knew how to handle this. I just kept tapping my fingers on the dashboard like it was the most interesting thing for me to do. Ryder -who was casually lying on the passenger's seat, eyes staring unfocusedly everywhere and nowhere at the same time- seemed the bit least worried of all of us -even Seth who was passed out.

And that for some reason made me even more nervous.

Finally we reached my home after about five minutes of awkwardness and tension and I purposely parked my car a few houses away so my parents won't hear the car's engine and wake up. Me and Ryder got out of the car and he helped me pick up my brother and carry him to our house.

I couldn't believe I was going to let Ryder West get in my house in the first place much more sleep in it!

This time we used the front door to get in since it was kind of impossible to get passed-out-Seth over the window. I opened the front door as quietly as I could, letting Ryder and Seth step in first and I closed it fast behind me so it didn't make any sound.

"Be quiet" I whispered - hissed to both of them.

  Seth who now had his eyes half open half closed and muttered some weird things I couldn't understand - and I barely saw over the dark, Ryder nodding his head. We grabbed again Seth from his shoulder and began carrying him upstairs to his room which wasn't easy to do since the house was pitch black and I didn't want to light anything so I didn't wake my parents.

Thankfully I had a very good photographic memory and I knew our house inch by inch - even under circumstances like these.

When we reached the first floor I carried alone Seth to his room not wanting Ryder to see more of our house or well... Seth's room in case he wanted to snoop into his room sometime. Believe me this was the first and the last time Ryder West got inside my house.

  I put Seth to his bed just like every other night and closed the door behind me leaving, expecting to find Ryder on the hallway of our rooms but he wasn't there. Before I fully panic I barely heard a low noise coming from the end of the stairs and I glanced down to see him standing next to our alcohol rack, outside of the kitchen.

"Psst." I whispered and he glanced up at me casually. I motioned him to come over and started walking quietly down the hallway, knowing exactly where to lead him. Ryder West might was sly and tricky but I am Chloe Anderson and I always -always- got my way!

"Here" I said when we reached the third floor. There was a metallic door there and I opened it casually, gesturing with my hand for him to step... "in".

He picked "inside" and turned to look at me with a confused expression on his face "That's the roof." He said as in matter-of- factly.

It took me everything I had to not laugh at his face -from inside me though I was having the best laughing session ever. "Exactly. Is where you sleeping tonight."

"Are you serious?" He asked in disbelief.

I crossed my arms over my chest and raised an eyebrow. "Do I look like I'm joking?"

He looked at me like I was crazy "I can't sleep on the roof!"

My feared notwithstanding I scoffed and said "Why not? You've slept in many sidewalks and in lots of stranger's bed with all kinds of sexual diseases going around, I'm pretty sure the roof is safer than any of them."