Chapter 71 - Raising Suspicions

A/N

This is a small chapter. Only 3 chapters left! Gonna be some good ones ;)

* * *

CHAPTER 71 - RAISING SUSPICIONS

The next day I had to face another person I disliked; Rebecca.

If I was to choose who I disliked the most between Rebecca and my mother... I honestly wouldn't know who to pick.

"Good Morning Chloe." She gave me a wide fake smile as she fell into step with me.

"Oh hi." I said, taken aback as I didn't expect her to be the first person to talk to me on a Monday morning.

We hadn't talked in weeks, this was new.

"Long time no talk huh?"

What did she want "I guess..."

She let out a happy sigh "So how's Seth? I heard he is coming back to school tomorrow."

Of course. I should have known better than to think she just wanted to talk to me. And how on earth did she knew he was coming back to school? We hadn't told anyone about it because we didn't want to make it a big deal.

The word did travel fast around Oakheart after all.

"He is." I confirmed "And how do you know that exactly?"

"Everyone does. He is going to be attending the watching of the documentary about drug awareness your parents organized right?"

I tried not to look at her shocked. The what now? Wow, my parents were unbelievable! Can't believe they didn't bother to tell me any of this. The whole school, the whole Oakheart knew about it and I had no idea.

What happened to 'staying-under-the-radar' plan of them?

"Of course." I said pretending to know everything about it. If she figured out I had no idea about it she would immediately think the worse and I had no plans of being the center of attention right now.

She had one big mouth that one.

"Well..." She seemed hesitated to go on but unfortunately she did "He's not going to attack us or anything right?"

I almost rolled my eyes "Why would he do that?" I scoffed.

She shrugged "I don't know why would he be a drug addict in the first place?"

My hands curled into fists "He is not a drug addict." I almost said through my teeth.

I couldn't let her know her plan to upset me was working.

She half scoffed half laughed "Oh come on Chloe. We all know that he is. If you cut the lies his adjustment to school will be easier."

I doubt Seth cared the slightest bit for his adjustment back to school from the moment he was alive and well. He didn't need those snobs fucks to fit in. He had me.

"He is not a drug addict Rebecca." I said in all seriousness looking at her with pure hatred.

A sneaky smile formed into her lips and I immediately regretted giving away my true emotions.

She fakely sighed "Fine. Keep telling yourself that. All i know is that once a drug addict, always a drug addict."

Before I could rip her hair out she got inside her classroom.

I stood frozen in my spot and realized I was shaking from anger. Great, she had done it. Can't believe I had let her get to me. I wanted to slap myself for falling so easily. I didn't let myself get worked up over it on the past, I always had a comeback for her whenever she had tried to put me down in front of our friends in the past.

Now it was her time to get me back for it.

I stormed inside my classroom in fury. Everything seemed blurry and every noise someone made was annoying and made me want to punch everyone.

Before I realize it, Ryder was bend over my desk looking worried "Cupcake? Are you okay?"

I was even annoyed at Ryder now for no reason "I don't want to talk about it." I snapped at him without meaning to.

"Chloe." He tried

"I said I don't want to talk about it Ryder." I hissed at him.

He actually seemed scared for a second. "What did you find out? What did they tell you? I can explain."

I shook my head back and forth in confusion, not able to understand what he was trying to say from my annoyance. "What are you talking about?"

He was as confused as I was "What are you talking about?"

I raised an eyebrow "I'm talking about Rebecca."

He seemed relieved at the mention of her name - maybe he had thought that I had seen Lance again -and just asked me; "What did she do?"

I truly, really didn't want to talk about it but since I knew that this was Ryder and I would eventually end up telling him anyway, I did.

His answer surprised me "How did you let her talk to you like that Chloe?" He genially seemed upset and mad at me.

"What else was I supposed to do?" I begun getting upset again.

"Stand up for yourself!" He raised his voice.

"How can I do that when she has the upper hand here?" I raised my tone as well.

"Well she shouldn't!" He all but yelled at me, causing our classmates to turn around and give us strange looks.

I looked at him surprised, not knowing why he was so mad all of a sudden. I felt tears gathering up in my eyes as I whispered at him; "Why are you yelling at me? I did nothing wrong."

He sighed, realizing immediately his mistake and took my into his arms; "I'm sorry cupcake. I didn't mean to yell at you, I just don't want the others to run over you and be suspicious that you may be hiding something."

I sniffed, frowning in confusion "Why would they be suspicious? I have nothing to hide."

He was silent for a couple of seconds "Yeah I know that." He said at the end, looking outside of the window "But you will be surprised to know what people are capable of."