Chapter 25 - "Valley Girls" To The Rescue ?

CHAPTER 25 - "VALLEY GIRLS" TO THE RESCUE ?

"Hey Chloe!" My friends greeted me in unison as i stepped out of the school's entrance door and walked towards the bench table they were sitting in.

It was a very sunny warm today in Oakheart and all the students were having lunch outside in the grass.

I forced a smile at them mostly to be friendly but also because Ryder and his friends were sitting behind us on a bench and I wanted to show him that I was fine and that everything was okay between us. Even though I wasn't. And the situation between us was anything but fine -to me at least.

I felt like the only thing I was doing to Ryder right now was causing problems between him and his friends. I knew how close they all were one year now since he had moved in Oakheart and I din't want to be the person who would ruin his friendship just like I didn't want him to ruin my friendship with my friends.

That's why I wanted to give him some space. His friends thought enough bad things about me already; I didn't want to be a friendship ruiner too.

"Hey girls." I said in a high pitched voice which I am sure If I could see Ryder right now I knew he would roll his eyes at me.

"What's up?" Rebecca asked "Did you see the last episode of Pretty Little Liars."

"Duh." I wasn't sure why i was being so fake today.

"Ugh." Lucy groaned "Toby as a police officer is such a hottie!"

"Totallyyy." Rebecca said dragging "Hashtag; Man Crush Monday."

Lucy scoffed "more like everyday." They both high five each other.

Why was I friend with these people again? Oh right because I used to be exactly like them. No wonder Ryder's friends hated me.

"Anyway." Rebecca said, turning to look at me "Chloe's birthday is in few days." She reminded us all and the girls all agreed happily. "She's turning seventeen so she'll almost be a woman from now on. That's exciting right?"

They all turned to look at me looking pretty excited themselves but that wasn't exciting at all to me.

Sure turning seventeen was kind of a big deal since you were growing up and all but nothing really changed to be honest. Parents still would treat you in the same way and you would have even more responsibilities. Turning seventeen wasn't anything fancy to be honest, it only mattered because you got to brag about it to your friends, get presents and maybe have a big house party which in my case was never gonna happen since my parents still thought 'partying is hell' and all that. 

Nonetheless I pretended I was as excited as them, not wanting to show them my true colors. "Absolutely! Like the day i will wake up and be seventeen I'll be a real woman and all!" They couldn't tell but I was mocking them completely for their mainstream opinions.

"So what do you want for your birthday?"

Piece? Quiet? Not my parents all over my grill? Normal friends? I shrugged. "I don't know... Diamonds?"

They all laughed "Don't we all." Lucy said and they laughed again.

We sat in peaceful silent for a couple of minutes just eating our salads and making no chit chat which I was thankful for since i couldn't stand their unstoppable, pointless rumbling.

If i was with Ryder right now he will be telling me jokes or actual important things he cared and was passionate about making me admire him even more. God, how i wish i could talk to him!