Chapter 69 - Safe

A/N

  You know you have no life when you wake up at 7pm, go to your work placement then leave and go to uni at 3pm and return home at 10pm. I try to upload as much as I can but as you can see I have no time. Uploading will most likely take place on the weekends.

This is a GREAT chapter.

* * *

CHAPTER 69 - SAFE

Ryder couldn't drive any slower.

   It was funny how he would drive like a mad man whenever there was no need but now that Annabelle was minutes away from leaving he remembered how to be a good driver.

I sighed and huffed unstoppable in my seat, trying to give him the message that we were in a hurry. When I saw that nothing came out of it I decided to pull out the big guns "I talked to Lance today." I blurted out, out of the blur.

  The car almost crossed the other line making Jared flew to the other side of the backseat and making me hit my head on the window from the sudden force

"What!?" He exclaimed annoyed "And why are you saying that to me now?"

  "So you can go faster." I said through my gritted teeth, trying to give him the hint.

   He didn't need any more convincing. He sped up instantly, almost flying the car instead of driving it and making me regret telling him to go faster. With Ryder it was either painfully slowly driving or kill everyone and fly away kind of.

We arrived at the bus station two minutes before it was scheduled for the bus to leave. But there was not sight of the bus or people anywhere.

No, no, no. But we had made it earlier!

  I ran out of the car before Ryder could even turn off the engine and went towards the guard "Excuse me." I said breathless "Did the bus of three thirty already leave?"

He nodded "Yeah, a couple of minutes ago."

No that wasn't possible. It couldn't just leave earlier than what it was scheduled. "Fuck!" I swore earning a surprised glance from him.

But I didn't care about my manners or what he had to say right now. She was gone.

   I returned back to the boys, feeling a lump in my throat rising. "She's gone." I whispered not able to believe it.

I thought we would make it. That we could actually bring her back.

"How is that possible? The bus isn't supposed to leave till three thirty." Ryder asked.

I sighed "The guard told me it left minutes ago."

Ryder's head snapped towards the guard "Is that right? Let me handle him."

  "No Ryder, no." I grabbed his arm to stop him "It's not the guards fault the bus left earlier of what it was scheduled."   I said and we all stood in silence for a couple of seconds.

   I tried to grasp the point that she was gone. That was it. She left. And I didn't know when I would hear from her again.

Jared looked between us confused "Okay so why don't we call her? We can go pick her up at the next stop if we drive quickly."

   I sighed, forgetting that I hadn't told him a small detail "She doesn't have a phone. She got rid of it so her parents won't reach her. She told me she will contact me once she is settled in. But it doesn't matter it's already too late."