Chapter 32 - Special Invitation

Dedicated to "DaLatinaGal" for the cover :) Thank you so much! :D

* * *

CHAPTER 32- SPECIAL INVITATION

A couple of days later I finally decided to talk to Annabelle and ask for an advice.  It was weird because she didn't have a romantic life of her own but somehow she gave the best advises.

And right now that's what I wanted; A really good advice.

  The past couple of days ever since Ryder had made it clear he wasn't  'date material' I had promised myself I would try to change his mind about it. But I don't think I was doing a good job so far since every time I would see him in school or when we were hanging out the nights I found myself allowing him to kiss me even if I had prep myself to not let him do that.

Yeah, clearly I need a good advice.

"I don't know what to tell you Chloe." Annabelle admitted couple of days later as we stepped out of Starbucks to head towards the school.  "I warned you that this may happen. As in matter of fact; I told you so."

  I groaned and held my coat tighter "Annabelle I know you warned me and thank you so much for that but that doesn't change the fact that Ryder just wants me as his fool around buddy."

She sighed "I get why this sound so bad to you, believe me I do but I mean come on Chloe, you don't actually think you can see you and Ryder West in a relationship."

I shrugged "Why not?"

  She gave me a flat look "Because it's you. And it's Ryder West. It's just... it's weird. What would you think you are gonna do? Have dinner in fancy restaurants and taking long walks on the beach in front of the whole Oakheart? Do I have to remind you that your parents hate Ryder and will kill you, literally kill you if they find out you are in a relationship."

I sighed "No I already know all these things. And they don't have to find out; they still don't know anything about me and him being... friends." 

"Oh so you want to be a relationship but you want the relationship to be a secret." She gave me a flat look.

I groaned feeling stupid "Am I being unreasonable?"

"Kind of." She admitted "Why can't you just enjoy what you have now? It's not like it's gonna last forever."

"Because I respect myself Annabelle to let him..." I trailed off all kinds of possibilities going through my mind "Oh my god he's probably gonna want us to... you know...do things I haven't ever done, oh my god."

"Will you chill out?" Annabelle said grabbing my arms and trying to calm me down after she saw I was literally freaking out. "You are overreacting as per usual. Just calm down for a second and listen to be okay?"

  I took a big breath supporting myself on a wall behind me and nodded at her to go on since I wasn't in a place to speak.

"First of all no one is pressuring you to do anything okay? You like Ryder and that's why you are... well whatever the hell you are with him. That's your choice. Get it?" I nodded and she continued "Being in a relationship Chloe is harder than it looks like in the TV shows." She paused "Well as far as I know at least. There's no freedom, there's pressure, jealously and all kind of shit like that. You don't want that do you?"

  I hesitated only a second before I shook my head; all these things reminded me of what I went through in the house with my family daily. I certainly wouldn't want to go through the same with Ryder.