Chapter 63 - New Year's Eve

A/N

Sorry for the late upload, I will try to upload more on Christmas Break. This is a BOMB update by the way just saying ;)

Enjoy & I Love You k bye <3

*      *      *

CHAPTER 63 - NEW YEAR'S EVE

New Years Eve was more unexpected than I could possible thought it would be.

The word about Seth's overdose spread like wild fire from the moment he returned home, something that only stressed him even more.

On the other hand, my parents instead of doing nothing fancy this year, they found the opportunity to call all of their closest friends to a New Year's Eve party in our house so they could throw dust into people's eyes and make Seth look like a victim to make them feel sorry for our family.

Even after what happened they were still the same self centered, hypocrite idiots.

It made me sick.

The New Year's Eve evening arrived at least and literally everyone Seth and I disliked was there. Each and every one that came shook our hands politely and with the most fake smile I have ever seen before disappearing into the kitchen to listen to my parents fake ass story about how Seth was 'at the wrong place the wrong time' and that no one should mention anything about it to him because it will upset him.

Yeah. Talking loudly about it with him in the next room certainly didn't.

He was the attention of the whole night and I could see it in his face that it was something he hated. I felt sorry for him that he had to go through this and I tried as much as I could to comfort him throughout the evening –of hell. He seemed to need it.

Lance thankfully kept his distance from me and most importantly Seth the whole evening and only chatted casually with everyone else.

I wasn't that much of a socially butterfly tonight, especially with these people around and only tried to make a conversation with Annabelle who was out of it.

"Hey Annabelle." I snapped my fingers in front of her face "Are you okay?"

She shook her head, snapping out of the daze she had fallen into "Uh... yeah, yeah."

I didn't believe her for a second. "Everything's okay with you and Jared?"

She fell back again into a daze "Yeah"

This was one boring New Year's Eve party.

Since everyone seemed busy chatting with each other, I found the chance to slip away and go upstairs to my room to talk to Ryder. Hopefully his New Year's Eve would be much more fun than mine was.

"Hi." He said over the phone sounding breathless.

"Hi. Am I interrupting?"

"No, we just arrived at the bowling alley with the guys."

I nodded "Oh that's nice. How are you?"

"I miss you."

His answer made me smile and I sighed in content but also sadness that I couldn't be with him right now "I miss you too."

"Where are you? Maybe I can come and pick you up."

I sighed sad "You can't. We are having a New Year's Eve party at my house and it will go on even after midnight."