Chapter 28 - Surprise!

A/N

 What are your favorite quotes from the book? Let me know :)

*       *       *

CHAPTER 28 - SURPRISE!

' Ryder pick it up it's not funny!!! '

' For your own sake I hope you are just messing with me!!! '

' Ryder pick it up!!! '

' I'm serious Ryder don't come over!!! '

' My parents are going to kill me!!! '

I stared impatiently my phone for a call or even a reply at the text messages I've sent Ryder over the last two minutes.

What was happening? Was he really coming over to my house? Or was he just messing around with me like he always did? If it was the last one it wasn't funny. It wasn't funny at all.

I heard my mom downstairs turning up the volume of the TV as her favorite reality show started and I wasn't sure If I should freak out or just kill myself to get this over with. Because If my mom saw that Ryder West was in my house she would firstly kill me and then herself as well. I mean I knew that she was a really drama queen but I would understand If she flipped out when she saw a boy -let alone Ryder West who she hated - in her house -worse her daughter's bedroom- at ten pm.

The next couple of minutes - that felt like hours- I was in state of pure panic and didn't know what to do. I was just pacing around my room panicked, feeling like my legs would give up on my in any second and my chest tightening so much that I was having a hard time breathing.

I dialed one last time Ryder's number and when it connected me to his voicemail again I decided I couldn't just stand there freaking out. I had to do something!

After a few calming breaths I decided to head downstairs in case the devil worked extra hard today and Ryder had the fine idea to actually use the front door thinking he would be welcomed in this house and my mom would offer him a drink and they would chat about the weather or even better Seth and his addiction.

Did that boy wanted to give me a stroke? Possibly. Nice birthday present!

I headed downstairs silently, on my tip toes trying not to disturb my mom and let her know I was behind her. I sat down at the end of the stairs alarmed in case the door knocked any minute now so I could open it first and then...

And well then what?

My mom would still hear the knocking and she would still see Ryder standing outside our door and I would still be dead by the end of the night. There is no way this would end well.

I started panicking again and walked inside the kitchen looking outside of every window for any sight of Ryder's car or him. But nothing. He wasn't here yet. If he ever showed up and wasn't just being a jerk pulling pranks on me tonight.

The minutes past slowly and painfully and there was still no sight of him, anywhere. His house was only five minutes away and twenty minutes had passed which meant that he was either being a jerk and was messing with me or that he was being a jerk and was messing with me!!!!

Once the realization hit me I felt a huge relief washing over me and at the same time annoyance for letting him trick me like that.

I said goodnight to my mom and headed upstairs ready to send a very angry message to Ryder but it turned out I didn't have to. He was there, standing in the middle of my room grinning while taking a look around my belongings.