Chapter 58 - Wicked Games

A/N

This is my favorite chapter from the whole book and it's a long one. So give it some love :)

* * *

CHAPTER 58 – WICKED GAMES

  When I arrived home, Seth wasn't there. When I called him on the phone he didn't pick it up. When I reached for his friend's address, I didn't find it.

Was he even at Nick Johnson's house? Who knew?

I barely got any sleep all night and when I woke up in the morning I flinched every time I heard our front door open, thinking it might be Seth. But no. It was everyone but him.

As the day went by there was no sight of him. He had called mom and told her he was going to come straight to the school's bazaar so I instantly felt myself getting more calmed.

I didn't know why this whole thing with Jared's brother had upset me so much that I felt the need to finally knock some sense to my brother's head... but it did. And I was thankful for that.

  And as the day went by there was also no sight of Ryder too. Maybe he was still asleep. Maybe he was too stubborn to call. Or maybe he was still getting high. Whatever the reason was... I decided to not let that ruin my day.

It was a day before Christmas Eve; and the Christmas bazaar my parents had organized was today. 

When I arrived at the evening it was already dark outside. But the colorful Christmas lights that decorated the whole school from inch to inch definitely brightened up this cold dark night and even the cold hearted souls of the citizens of Oakheart.

As I got outside of my car I heard Christmas songs playing through the speakers along with the sound of Christmas bells a paid Santa was ringing at the entrance, welcoming everyone who came.

The snowed parking lot was filled with all kinds of Christmas booths from the ones that sold food, candies and hot beverages to the ones that sold Christmas decoration items and homemade crafts. The big spotlight thought stole the giant candy booth with all kinds of sweets, candies and even a chocolate fountain.

  An ice skating rink and a carousel were placed in front of the school's entrance, entertaining children and even adults.

The Andersons surely knew how to impress everyone and made it look like money didn't matter to them if it was for a good deed.

Soon enough I found Annabelle eating chocolate covered marshmallows near the candy booth.

"Your parents definitely outdone themselves this time." She said with a stuffed mouth.

I smiled and took a napkin to wipe the corners of her mouth where she had chocolate.

She giggled "Oops." She said like a small child.

"Yeah." I said remembering what she had said, looking around "Everything looks incredible." I turned my gaze towards her "So how are you? Is everything okay with Jared?"

She nodded "Yeah. He is just going through a lot with his brother, which I get. I didn't know his brother was a drug user."

I nodded "Neither did I."

She sighed "So anyway, I just felt like being there for him even as a friend. We are fine now. He's going to take me out on a date."

I raised an eyebrow surprised "Oh? How did that happen? I thought you didn't like him that much."