Chapter 21 - Pinky Promise

CHAPTER 21 - PINKY PROMISE

"Chloe, Seth! We are leaving!" My mom yells from downstairs as I was starting to get ready for Seth's big lacrosse game tonight.

I frowned confused as I walked out of my bedroom to stand at the top of the staircase. Looking down, I see my parents putting on their coats in the foyer,about to leave.

"Where are you going?" I asked them confused. We always went together to Seth's lacrosse games.

"We are going to the country club to drink tea with the Jenner's before the game. We'll see you there. You don't mind driving Seth and yourself there do you?"

I shook my head "No it's fine."

"Great. We'll see you there then. And remember after the game we are having dinner at the club as well so make sure to be there on time."

I nodded. "Okay."

Dad then walked out first with no much as a goodbye and mom followed after him, finally leaving the house for the first time in a while. It was so exhausting having them around all the time.

I turned around as the front door closed and barely caught a glimpse of Seth's door shutting. I let it go and went back to get ready for the big game. The lacrosse game, like any other sports game in Oakheart was a big thing since Oakheart was famous for its athletes. It was a very crowded event so I had to make myself presentable to impress everyone and especially mom. She always said; "The family of the star (aka Seth) can't go unprepared to the game." Yeah I know; what a load of crap. Unfortunately though I had no other choice.

After I took a shower I curled my hair so they stood behind my back in perfect ringlets and did my makeup. It was still very early to dress up so I went over at Seth's room to let him know I was taking him to school - since he hadn't bothered to come out when mom called us earlier.

I knocked on his door and was almost immediately called inside. As soon as I stepped in though Seth's anticipated face fell and he just said; "Oh it's you."

Of course it was me who else could it be? "You have a minute?"I asked seeing that he was pacing around his room like a tornado stuffing clothes and a bunch of other things in his inside his practice bag.

"Yeah but make it quick because I got to go."

I frowned "Where?" The game didn't start for another two hours and he had to be at school in one hour for last minute instructions from the coach.

"Somewhere, with friends." He simply said.

I look at him, startled. Is he kidding me? "You have to be at school in one hour." I stated.

He shrugged. "I'll be back before then."

He was kidding me. He had to be kidding! He couldn't just be so impassive.

"Seth." I started seriously "You can't just leave now! The game starts in two hours and you have to be at school in one hour. Please come to your senses." He couldn't just drop everything and go hangout with his junkie friends. He had responsibilities and he had to realize that.

He scoffed "Come to my senses? Really? You know it's funny because I think you should do the same first and then come and tell me what to do."

"Excuse me?" I asked confused crossing my arms over my chest.

"West." He simply said. "I'm not stupid. I know something's going on between the two of you. So stop trying to act like a big sister who wants the best for her little brother because you aren't kidding anyone."