Chapter 66 - Reality

#AnnabelleIsPregnantParty ! No? Oh, okay.

  I'm incredibly proud and happy of everyone who took place and/or supported the "Women's march" protest.  One of the greatest things I have ever seen.

***

CHAPTER 66 – REALITY

I stared impatiently at the tea kettle in silence, waiting for the water to warm up. My mind was spinning with thousands of questions and thoughts but I could not utter a single word.

Annabelle was sitting down in one of the kitchen stools waiting in silence for the tea I had decided to make after our fight.

I didn't really know why we were fighting to be honest, or well why I was fighting with her. None of this was her fault. This was the last thing she wanted right now and I knew it. I didn't blame her.

I just... I couldn't believe this was happening.

When the water warmed up I poured some into two cups and filled them with flavored tea bags. I brought the cups over at the table and slipped the one towards her.

"Thanks." She sniffed, wiping away the silent tears that were running down her puffy, red eyes and burned cheeks. She took the mug between her hands and held it there, staring at the empty space in front of her.

I had never seen her so... miserable before. It killed me.

I sat down next to her, taking a sip from my cup so I don't have to say anything stupid. I didn't know how to handle this. I wanted to comfort her and at the same time I wanted answers but that it didn't seem right. Yet the waiting was killing me. I had to know.

"So..." I started nervously "How did it- when did it...?" Yes, I was obviously not good at this.

She sighed and let out a shaky breath replying "It happened on the school's trip to Rome. The last night we were there and...we weren't safe." She finally, reluctantly looked up at me with a crushed look "Jarred said it will be okay." She busted into tears again and that was it for me.

I took her in my arms, hugging her tightly, too tightly like that would take her pain away. I let her cry and find comfort in my arms something I should have done sooner. I felt myself tearing up as well, at the realization of what was happening. This was real. My best friend was pregnant. One and a half month pregnant. She was going to have a baby, an actual baby. I just... I couldn't believe it.

When she finally pulled back to blow her runny nose, I asked her; "How long have you known?"

She sniffed "A while now. At first I thought I was sick and it would go away..." she trailed off sighing and looking down at her stomach "but it didn't."

My heart ached for her. I couldn't even begin to imagine what it was like keeping it a secret from anyone...finding out you're pregnant... wondering what the fuck you are going to do now...

I sighed, holding her hand between mine "Why didn't you tell anyone? And I don't mean your parents; I mean me... or Jared."

"I wanted to. God Chloe you have no idea how much I wanted to get this out of my chest but... I just never had the chance" she sobbed "With Seth's overdose and Jared's brother dying... I just didn't have the chance." She struggled to talk between crying "What am I going to do? What am I going to tell my parents? They are going to kill me!"

I shook my head furiously, tears gathering up in my eyes as well "They are not going to kill you." I whispered to her.

Obviously they wouldn't understand either because... well... there were Annabelle's parents. I didn't expect them too. They were ten times more narrow minded than my family. If it wasn't for me Annabelle would be now at an all-girls private Christian school.