Chapter 19 - Seriously Do You Ever Shut Up?

A/N

* And this is kind of important so please read on. You don't know how many times I wanted to write this in an author's note but keep forgetting it. So here it is and it is not for this chapter: This story will have some minor, VERY MINOR drug use, NOT DETAILED AT ALL whatsoever because that's out of my comfort zone. But this will happen later in the story and only in two chapters. I feel like everyone should know this because there are many people who read the story and are under 18 or they are and just don't want to read something like that. So I just want to clear that up now because I don't want to pressure you into something you don't want to read. I will completely understand if you don't want to continue reading it. *

***

CHAPTER 19 - SERIOUSLY, DO YOU EVER SHUT UP?

"You know that everyone is talking about yesterday right?" Annabelle said the next day out of the blur making me stop dead in my tracks immediately.

I turned and looked Annabelle scandalized "What do you mean?" I asked startled.

How could everyone suddenly know about me and Ryder!? Not even six hours had passed since the kiss and I hadn't even told Annabelle yet who was famous for being the 'kiss and tell' kind of girl.

"They think Ryder has a crush on you or something."

My heart started beating faster than usual "Why would they think that?" I cried.

Everyone knew. They knew about last night and the kiss. Oh my god!

"You know with the way he stood up for you and all..."

I looked at her confused for a moment trying to process what she had just said. When I realized she was talking about the cafeteria fiasco -which seemed so long ago but it just happened yesterday- I started breathing again "Oh. That."

She chuckled "Yes, that. What else?"

I didn't answer her because I was a terrible liar but somehow the look on my face betrayed I was hiding something.

She looked at me suggestively "Did something happen that I don't know about?"

Silence.

"Chloe." She put pressure in her voice

I sighed and decided to tell her. She was my best friend after all and I didn't know how much I could keep it a secret.

Suddenly six hours didn't seem that short.

"Uhm... we kissed?" I said hesitatingly and turned to look her reaction.

And she reacted exactly the way I expected her to. She stared at me wide eyed, mouth widely open like I had just said the unthinkable to her.

"OH MY GOD you WHAT!? You WHAT? And you didn't tell me about it!? Oh my god, how, when, where!?" she cried and all.

Thankfully we were outside; walking towards the bleachers and no one was near to hear us.

I looked ahead of me to avoid her creepy staring; "Well it happened pretty much six hours ago-"

"SIX HOURS AGO?" She cut me off exclaiming.

"Yeah. We were in this club just outside of Oakheart-"

"OH MY GOD YOU WENT TO A CLUB!? How was it? Did anyone tried to sell you drugs? Are the rumors true? Wait, you said no right?"

"Annabelle." I warned her.

"Sorry, go on."

I sighed "So yeah we were dancing and he was being really... nice and... kind of flirty and when he drove me back to my house... it happened."