Chapter 60 - Waiting

Α/Ν

The old cover is back since I know you guys have missed it and also wanted to make you happy for all the shitty things I did/I will do lmao.

SHOUTOUT to "amareashley" for making this manip of Chloe & Ryder! Thank you so much! If you have make any covers/manips you can send them to me over Instagram or Facebook. The links of them are on my profile.

QUESTION TIME: What do you think Ryder will do to Chloe? -Without that meaning that this would be the end of them. I see all of you freaking out at the idea but I wonder has anyone thought what may be? Just curious that's all.

Anyway... enjoy... maybe?

*       *       *

CHAPTER 60 –WAITING

The next six hours were the longest in my life.

We rushed Seth to the ER immediately, the ride to the hospital with the EMT's being the scariest and most nerve racking experience I had ever had as the clinicians tried to provide first aid to Seth.

I was asked with numerous of questions, which they had to repeat a couple of times since my mind couldn't cooperate in time; What had he overdosed on? Was he provided with another first aid? How many hours had passed since he was injected... and many more.

And I didn't have an answer to any of them.

"I-I d-don't know." I sobbed, shaking uncontrollably "H-he j-just o-overdosed! What does it matter? H-he's dying!!! Save him!" I cried in agony, seeing his suffered, weakened body spasming in pain in front of me.

Ryder hugged me and tried to calm me down as he tried to explain to me the EMT clinicians were only doing their job and needed this information to save him but I didn't have them and couldn't calm down when my brother was dying a few feet away from me.

If he died, I would die too. If he died, I had no reason to live. I didn't want to live in a world without Seth Anderson. Without my brother.

I called my parents and in the state of panic I was I didn't know if they understood what I had said to them, the only thing they probably had understood was that they had to rush to the hospital immediately.

As soon as we arrived at the hospital three nurses -including Ryder's mom- and two doctors rushed him to the emergency room.

I wanted to go inside too. I wanted to be by my brother's side. I wanted to be there when he woke up.

If he ever did.

I paced around the hallway for what seemed like hours although only a couple of minutes had passed. My legs were barely holding me up and I felt like a puppet that someone else was controlling with wires. There was no other explanation on how I hadn't pass out yet.

About half an hour later my parents rushed inside the hospital and I immediately run into my mother's arms, crying and trying to tell her what was wrong but couldn't utter a word since my throat had tightened up from crying making it impossible to breathe, more so talk.

Ryder explained to them what had happened and even though I was positive they were wondering what he was doing here with me, they didn't say anything about it since the shocking reveal shocked them to their core.

My mom started crying uncontrollably too and hugged me tighter as she couldn't wrap in her mind what she had just heard. My dad though didn't take the news well. He had a hypertensive crisis and felt chest pain but thankfully he was immediately looked after by a nurse.