Chapter 23 - Didn't see That One Coming

*A/N*

OMG guys! Katy Perry is in Greece! Whaaat? I know this is random but you don't know how much I like that woman! Her songs have been a huge inspiration for me and to be total honest with you she has had a VERY IMPORTANT  impact on both of my stories -like you don't even know! It's a pity I can't meet her since she is in Santorini and I leave in Athens. Hope she comes one day to perform so I can meet her backstage.

Also Congrats to Kelz4Life for being the lucky winner that got to read first this chapter! More fun 'contests' like that are coming soon! :D

*     *      *

CHAPTER 23 - DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING

When the game ended with Oakheart's lacrosse team winning 7- 5, the other team my family and I had dinner at the Country club.

Oakheart's Country Club was something like a second home to all the citizens of Oakheart. They sure spent their fair share of time there and to be honest I couldn't really blame them. The Oakheart Country Club offered excellent facilities for those who could afford it -in Oakheart everyone did and for some reason it was humiliating if you didn't join- and it was one of the many things Oakheart could brag about.

The Oakheart Country Club was a very well designed club with well- maintained grounds, indoor and outdoor courts and greens for activities such as horse riding, golf, tennis etc and ballboys to make anyone feel comfortable, anytime. It had two cleaned and well enough protected pools -one indoor and one outdoor- gyms for various activities such as yoga and dancing, cleaned and well stocked locker rooms with amenities and include steam rooms, saunas, whirlpools and more. These weren't though the only services the Oakheart Country Club provided. It also had many fancy and expensive restaurants, meeting rooms for business seminars and indoor and outdoor event spaces for Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas and Easter parties in which every citizen of Oakheart came. It was something like a big gathering I guess.

The Oakheart Country Club definitely offered way more than other country clubs in New York did that's why it maintained its business. And also because the citizens here didn't have any problem whatsoever spending thousands on leisure activities even though they were only coming for the boring book club and to drink tea while gossiping about other's life's.

I sighed bored for the hundred time since we were seating at the table in one of the posse restaurants, listening my dad complaining about his work. My mom and Seth pretended to listen to him too nodding their heads along every time he spoke and no one dare to tell him to just shut up and enjoy his dinner. Dad got really offended when someone interrupted him.

"I mean." He went on "Just because my client lied to me that doesn't give that bastard the right to insult me like that in front of the whole court. But I'll show him." He took another sip from his mimosa "He has another thing coming if he thinks he can mess with me."

My mom nodded and patted his hand "That's great honey. You do what it takes to fix the situation."

  Before he could start talking again my mother turned towards me to start a conversation. Looking at my full plate she asked; "What's wrong honey? Is your foie gras not good?"

I shook my head "No it's fine. It's just that I am not really hungry."

"Do you want then something smaller?"

I looked down at my food and wondered if there could be anything smaller than that. Gourmet food -dad's favorite- came always in small portion sizes something that my dad used to call 'superb' and was fascinated about the whole idea. He always said; "The smaller the portion the better." Since apparently they used the best ingredients to small portion foods.