Chapter 5 - Stoned Guys Crave Doughnuts

CHAPTER 5 – STONED GUYS CRAVE DOUGHNUTS

   I woke up to the sound of loud voices coming from downstairs. I remained lying motionless in my bed trying to make out the voices which turned out to belong to my parents.

Weird. I had never heard them fighting before, although it didn't really sound like they were fighting more like talking... very loud.

 Curiously I stood up from my bed, wore my robe and made my way slowly downstairs. The voices quieted down and the only sound that betrayed my parents were in the kitchen were my mom's heels pacing around the room. I stood in the doorway curious and yes most definitely my mom was pacing in the kitchen, phone in her ear and my dad was watching her closely looking worried.

 As soon as my mom saw me she took her phone away from her ear. "Oh thank god you're up! We can't find your brother! I already called his friends and no one knows where he is. Do you know!?" That's what I was wondering as well. But... unlike my parents I may had an idea to that. But of course there was no way to tell her something like that.

 "But uh... isn't he on lacrosse practice?" I half asked – said not really sure what day it was.

 My mom suddenly tensed like someone had just told her the unthinkable and turned to look at my dad who had the same look on his face.

 She hang up the phone she was holding. "What day is it?" She asked "Saturday right? Oh my god he does have practice!"

 Phew! That worked pretty well! Good job Chloe!  Yeah... good job lying to your parents. Again.

 My dad sighed relieved and sat back down on his chair not wasting a minute to go through his newspaper. "Good thing you didn't overreacted Olivia!" said annoyed.

 My mom just ignored him, knowing he was right and that she indeed had overreacted and took a sip from her coffee.

"Um... I'm gonna... uh take a shower." I mumbled and run upstairs like a crazy cat, nearly tripping on my feet. Once I was inside my room I grabbed my phone and called Seth. If he didn't pick up on me too I swear I would go right now downstairs and blurt out everything to mom and dad! I didn't care if I got into trouble too, I really didn't! Seth had crossed the line! What was he thinking being all night out, god only knows doing what!

 The phone started ringing and for a couple of seconds that's the only thing it did; ringing.  I was ready to hang up and make my way downstairs to my parents when finally someone answered.

 "Hello?" mumbled a sleepy hoarse voice.

 I scoffed and threw my hands out. But of course! "Why I'm not surprised!?"

 There was silence over the phone. "Cupcake?"

 "Don't call me that!" I hissed at Ryder. What was he thinking answering Seth's phone! If he had pick it up earlier when my mom was calling we were all screwed!

 "You are the one who's been calling all f*cking morning?" he murmured annoyed.

 I ignored him "Where is Seth? And don't tell me you don't know because I know he was with you all night long so where is he?"

"The f*uck should I know where's your retard broth-" he paused "Oh yeah... there he is. I see him now. Dude get up from the floor your cute sister is on the phone."

"Why is my brother on the floor Ryder!?" I asked ignoring his 'cute sister' comment.

"The hell should I know? I was high as f*uck to remember anything let alone why your brother is on the floor." He paused. "Maybe I still am a little." He murmured more to himself than me.