Chapter 51 - The West's

A/N

"HBN" is close to hitting 2M reads and I just can't believe it. I'm not ready for that day. Keep sending me questions you may have about the book and I'll answer them all in a video soon & upload the prologue again in Ryder's POV as a gift to you :)

If you like makeup watch the video above. I swear it's the best thing I've seen all day.

****

CHAPTER 51 - THE WEST'S

We were officially back to Oakheart again.

 We were also forced to wake up, as soon as the bus passed the gated community, at the dawn.

  All of our parents were waiting at the school's parking lot in their robes, half awake as well, to greet us and take us back home. I saw my parents in the front -because honestly were else would they sit- my mom dressed in her designer robe but was the only one probably with her face full of makeup at six am in the morning and my dad wearing a tuxedo, probably because he had to go to work.

  Annabelle's parents were there as well, all dressed up probably because they would attend the service afterwards. My eyes searched around the crowded parking lot for one particular person but couldn't spot her anywhere. Ryder's mom.

"Where is your mom?" I asked him, as the bus stopped.

He shrugged "At work probably or sleeping."

"Isn't she going to come and take you home?"

"Nah."

"Oh." I don't know why but I felt bad. Not that I blamed her, she was probably either working her ass off at the hospital or gaining some well deserved sleep.

He chuckled "Why? Are you afraid they are going to kidnap me on the way home?"

I looked down on the floor "No. I just don't like when you are alone."

  He lifted my chin to look at him. I just hoped my parents couldn't see me through the bus windows "It's okay cupcake I have spent all my life alone it ain't news to me." He slung his bag over his shoulder as we waited for the rest of the people in front to move along "But it's good to know you don't like me being alone. More reason to sneak up to your bedroom every now and then to take a nap with you."

I rolled my eyes "Yeah do stuff like that and my parents most surely won't find out about us."

  He stopped on his tracks and turned around, stepping to the side so the people behind us could go ahead. "They won't." he said in the most serious tone, looking at me intensely and kissing me long and hard. "I'll see you tomorrow okay?"

I nodded "sure."

  He went ahead of me and I let a girl step between us so my mother wouldn't freak out about me standing way too close to Ryder West. When I saw the look she gave him when she saw him get off the bus I knew I did the wise thing.

I took my traveling bag from the bus and made my way towards my parents. Time to face reality again.

"Hello mom, dad."

She gave me the tiniest smile "Welcome back honey. How was your trip?"

"It was great."

"Were you a good girl? Did you listen to your teachers?"

  Before I could utter a word my dad cut me off "Alright come on we'll discuss this at home. I have to be at work soon." Without so much as a welcome back or even hi he started walking   ahead of us, my mother immediately following after. I followed them to our car and right before I stepped inside I saw amongst all the families Ryder, all alone with a bag on his shoulder making his way out of the parking lot.