Chapter 70 - Deal

Α

It's my birthday! Can't believe I'm 20 years old and have spent the last three and a half years writing "HE'S BAD NEWS". It's crazy to think that I basically grew up writing this book and now it's finally coming to an end. Wow.

   I always upload on my B-DAY since I don't want to be the only one receiving gifts –so generous I know lmao.

   Another gift for you is a revelation; Seth was originally supposed to die in the book. Loooong gone. There's even a whole different version and ending of the book after his death in my drafts. But I decided to let him live on the new drafts because I am a good person lmao.

This is it guys –the final five chapters.

***

CHAPTER 70 - DEAL

A couple of hours later I woke up on Ryder's bed.

He was long passed out next to me so I tried not to wake him up as I slipped out of the bed and started getting dressed.

It was dark inside his bedroom and out of curiosity I checked my phone just to see that it was evening and that there were about forty calls from my parents. Shit, I was supposed to be home hours ago, what was I going to tell them?

I accidentally woke Ryder up as I set my phone down on the nightstand with a loud thumb.

His head snapped up surprised, locks of messy black jet hair falling in front of his forehead as he looked around the room lost "What happened?" He asked with a deep hoarse voice.

He was so deep asleep that it was funny.

I chuckled and sat down on the edge of the bed next to him "Nothing go back to sleep. I have to go back to my house."

He groaned, letting his head hit the pillow in exhaustion and wrapped a naked arm around my waist "No, stay."

"I can't." I told him giving him a kiss on the corner of his mouth "I have to get back."

He huffed and my heart ached as he looked at me with puppy green eyes "Fine. Hoped you could stay over though."

"You know I can't."

He nodded "I know. So... Just think about the road trip okay? I know it's not your call to decide if you're coming or not but I'm sure you can convince them somehow."

Truth was I really wanted to go on that road trip he was saying. After the teacher student conference it would be the perfect way to spend the spring break. But, again, it wasn't my call.

I sighed "I'll try."

I left from Ryder's house after that and headed to my own but not before I make a stop at Starbucks though; my alibi for being late.

As soon as I stepped inside the house of course I was corned by my mother "Where have you been? I was worried sick! I've been calling you hours now."

I pointed the cup at her "I was at Starbucks with my study group, I couldn't pick up the phone. You have told me not to have any electronics near me when I study."

She looked taken aback at my answer "Well yeah but... what if something happened? How would we be able to contact you?"

I rose an eyebrow "Did something happened? You sound upset."

Her face then went cold and serious "Yes. Come to the kitchen."

I followed her inside with curiosity as well as fear "Did something happen to Seth?" I asked alarmed