Chapter 50-The Trip Back Home

Α/Ν

I KNOW I haven't uploaded for so long and I'm so sorry. I have no other excuse other than the fact that I'm trying to enjoy my summer as much as I can because before I know it college will start again. BUT I promise you I WILL finish this story no matter what. I couldn't leave you guys like that.

Who else is shook with what's happening with Marina Joyce? I really do hope she is okay and even though it's not exactly clear what is going on with her I can't but feel very anxious about the whole situation.

  Also I would like to send my thoughts and prayers at everyone in Syria, If anyone is from there or has family members/friends there I hope everyone and everything's alright.

Anyway, I hope you are all enjoying your summer so far and without further ado here's the next chapter :)

***

CHAPTER 50 - THE TRIP BACK HOME

The next day was our last day in Rome.

  We were all saddened we had to go but our schedule was tight and we couldn't afford to waste any more time in Rome -much to our disappointment. 

 I woke up in the morning and started packing immediately with a huge hangover which didn't help at all. Annabelle seemed to be completely in her own world as she was laying down on the bed staring up the ceiling like it was the most interesting thing in the world.

I didn't ask her what was going on because deep down - or well not so deep down- I knew it had something to do with Jared. This was the first time she had been with a boy and I knew it could be overwhelming. So i let her be. 

   Meanwhile I was overwhelmed too with Ryder and I getting back together -but in a good way. It just... It felt so right being with him. I didn't know why but It did.

  After we packed everything -well tried too and eventually gave up- we headed downstairs to get breakfast before our last tour in Rome.  

   No one was there as we took a seat in the far end of the room and enjoyed our breakfast in silence since Annabelle was still in her own world and stared at the empty space with what seemed almost  like a smile. She hadn't been this silent since forever and I was dying to ask her what was going on but I didn't. I knew that when she was ready she would tell me herself.

  When finally the boys arrived she looked alive again and blushed deep red when Jared came and sat next to her. Wow, she really liked him didn't she?  I adverted my glance to give them a little bit of privacy and looked down at Ryder who was sleeping with his head on the table.

I admired his black jet hair that fell down his forehead so effortlessly and his pouty pink half open lips. He seemed so... not Ryder. He seemed peaceful and cuddly.

"Take a picture it lasts longer." He mumbled raspily without even opening his eyes, turning back to the old Ryder.

  I chuckled and ran my fingers through his hair at the back of his neck making him open his eyes and looked at me. "Not a morning person huh?"

"What gave that away?" He mumbled, un-supporting his head from the table and stretching his arms out. "How are you feeling miss tipsy head?"

I made a grimace "Awful. I Shouldn't have drink so much wine."

  He kissed the back of my hand, catching me by surprise. Ryder doing such a sweet gesture wasn't really his thing. I really liked this side of him. "Promise me something cupcake?" he asked wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.