𝘞𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳?

"𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐔𝐘𝐒 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊?" Y/n bounced a tiny rubber ball up and down as she lays on Sam's beds and the Frog brothers sat on the wooden floor fixing their equipment. "Positive." Edgar assured as he lifted up a brand new cross made out of sticks. He tightened the yarn more before looking at his work proudly till footsteps were heard and the three teenagers looked at the open door way. "Will this do?" Sam said as he held a glass.

For the past few minutes the three of them have been preparing, Sam on the other hand was trying to find way to sneak in garlic so that Max would be able to take it. "Seriously?" Edgar replied, "The garlic will just mix with the drink." Alan added, "You're going to have to do better than that." Edgar shook his head in disapproval, "Then you decide where should I put it." Sam leaned on the frame of his door and put his hand down but kept holding the empty  glass with ice cubes. "Replace your Salt and peppers or something." Alan suggested which made Sam think about it deeply, "Yeah, that's actually not that bad." he walked away to return his glass.

"What am I suppose to do?" Y/n stopped catching the rubber ball and positioned a pillow to cover the headboard so she could relax her back. "Make crosses." Edgar threw sticks at her as she slightly dodged all of them. The girl fixed her position into a more comfortable one as she starts making crosses with two twigs and wrapping a brown yarn to secure it. Meanwhile Sam went back quietly with a cheese grater and a salt and pepper shaker that has droplet of water in to indicate that it was freshly washed. "A grater?" Edgar announced which made everyone look at Sam, "What? Do you want me to cut the garlic into cubes? This is the best I've got." Sam sat on the end of the bed and began grating the peeled small cuts of garlic into the shakers. 

The three were silent as they did their jobs and roles; Edgar and Alan were making spears that were about a yard long that were in shapes of a cross, Y/n was focusing on making tiny crosses for each of them, Sam was working on his garlic. Eventually minutes passed by and the sun was visibly going down as the light of Sam's room was soon tinted into orange, Y/n manage to finish her job, "Here, three more crosses for me, Alan, and Sam." Y/n informed and Edgar took out a mysterious object besides his duffel bag and threw it to Y/n, "Good, now work on making garlic necklaces." Edgar sat back down and continued sharpening his wooden spear along with Alan; Y/n groaned as she saw the object thrown at her was a plastic of tiny garlics, "Where do you buy so much garlics?" She mumbled to herself and began using the yarn she used previously to make garlic necklaces for each of them.

"We knew that this would eventually happen so we've been preparing for a long time." Edgar explained looking proud and mighty yet composed and stern, "What's this? A receipt that you bought this just a day ago?" Y/n teased and laughed, "Give me that." Edgar was serious as he leaned on the bed trying to grab the piece of paper that the H/c held. Y/n was laughing as Edgar tried reaching for the paper and Sam couldn't help but chuckle at the sight, and just like Y/n who treasured moments like this, the blonde did too.

𝐀 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐔𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓, "He's here." Sam quickly put away his garlic and grabbed both shakers with both hands and ran towards the door to go downstairs the hallway and put them on the table as his mother answered the door to reveal a rather tall older man with translucent glasses. As Lucy speaks with him outside Sam took the opportunity to go up the stairs where his three other friends peaked on the slightly open door and faint voice of Lucy and the mysterious man. 

"Is that him?" Y/n whispered as she stayed behind Edgar and Alan, "Yeah." Sam sat on the steps a bit farther from where Edgar and Alan and Y/n sat. "I can already feel he's a vampire." Edgar squinted his eyes in suspicion once more. Sam's dog, Nanook began to bark as Lucy jumped at the sudden bark of the dog. "Sam let your dog go upstairs." Lucy put one of her hands on her hips as the other one remained on the metal door knob. Sam got down and eventually Edgar, Alan, and Y/n followed him as Lucy opened the door to welcome, Max in. 

"Mom?" Sam spoke and Lucy looked behind her to jump slightly at the sight there were other kids there, "Oh don't scare me like that." Lucy laughed it off with Max who chuckled along with her, "These are my friends, is it alright if they stay for dinner?" Sam used his thumb to point behind him to gesture his friends; Edgar gave an awkward smile whilst Alan gave a genuine one, "Edgar, Alan, and you know Y/n." Sam introduced and Lucy gave a quiet "Hi"; Y/n was being blocked by the tall boys so she tried tiptoeng to get the attention of Lucy but Lucy looked back at her son, "When did you invite your friends?" Lucy questioned with pure confusion, "Just earlier, but if you don't want to us to eat with you we could always just go and eat outside." He guilttripped his mother, "Oh fine, fine." She gave a smile and gestured to the dining table, "I hope you don't mind." Lucy smiled at Max, "Oh no, don't worry about it." Max reassured Lucy.

Lucy was between Max and Sam, while across Lucy was Y/n who sat besides Edgar and Alan. Edgar sat besides Max and was facing Alan, and Sam sat Besides Alan who was facing Max. When they all sat down at the same time they all awkwardly smiled at each other. No one bother to speak and they just looked around to table to smile. "So, let's eat." Lucy remarked, she was the only one who seemed to not take as anything as awkward.

"Looks amazing." Max complimented and Lucy smiled, "Thank you." it was awkward for everyone else, perhaps it was because it was originally a dinner date between Lucy and Max, but with Sam feeling unsafe about Max, he didn't want to stand by and do nothing. The whole dinner was quiet with Lucy giggling here and there to ease the uncomfortable tension and suspicion from the three teenagers against Max. "You know what? Salt taste good with that." Sam quickly snatched the salt shaker and began putting it for him, "Oh I think that's a bit too much salt."Max commented as he watch Sam agressively showering the garlic-disguised-salt on Max's food, "Sam, I think that's enough." Lucy lifted her head and Sam smiled at Max then sat back to his seat. The three of them were intrigued nevertheless curious how he's going to react to the garlic.

He spat the food out, "This taste more like garlic than salt." Max chuckled it off and Lucy looked at him with surprise, "Garlic?" she said in disbelief so she picked up the shaker and poured a bit of the tiny particles on her palm to smell it, "Oh my, it must be rotten or something." Lucy looked at the shaker then placed it on her side of the table, "Sorry about that." Lucy continued eating her spaghetti as Y/n looked at Sam and Edgar sharing looks at each other as she ate the noodles. "Sorry about that, I'll take for you." Sam stood up and took the garlic in the shaker and pretended to trip to splash garlic on Max, at the same time he had a tiny twig cross thrown at his chest that barely hit him but eventually fell on Max's lap. "Sam!" Lucy scolded, "Sorry sorry." Sam got up and dismissed himself to the kitchen. Y/n fixed her position to see that Max had tiny garlic pieces on his suit and a fallen cross on his lap. Edgar squinted his eyes to observe Max's reaction. "Does it burn?" Sam came out and sat back on his seat, "Burn? No of course not, though it did mess my suit." Max accepted the tissues Lucy offered, "I bet that hurts." Sam pointed at the cross, "Oh this? This seems like a cool slingshot toy, but no it didn't hurt, thanks for asking though." Max smiled and returned the cross to Sam. Alan then hid his forehead with his palms as none of their plans are working.

"I'm so sorry." Lucy apologized and Max quickly shrugged it off, Edgar then looked at Sam and on the pepper shaker, "Can you pass the shaker to me?" Edgar perked up, and with Sam not knowing where this is going he played along, "Oh uh sure, here you go." he handed the shaker and Edgar intentionally didn't hold it properly so the shaker fell on his lap though he pretended that it fell on the floor. "Oh sorry, let me get that." Edgar hid the shaker on his lap using his hands and got out of his chair to pretend to crawl to look for the shaker, he got up once he was near the light switch and quickly turned it off.