𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘/𝐍, she barely woke up in mornings, not that she couldn't it was just tiring for her; but she was perfectly capable of walking around in the mornings unlike the boys who sleep the whole day and would disappear.

Y/n was trying to wipe up dirt from her dresser, after all the cave was bound to produce dust to fall and fly around from time to time, it was a cave afterall. Nevertheless Y/n accepted the responsibility of cleaning the only brand new furnitures of the room, it was the only thing she could take care of. She was considering on visiting Michael, and probably try to at least somewhat just greet Sam and just check up on him. 

Michael left, drunk last night so just checking up if he got home was the only reasonable thing to do, afterall he might be concerned as well that she too just disappeared all of a sudden after their encounter with David and others. She didn't want to give ideas to Michael and bring attention to the group for anything at all.

The hand of the girl aggressively put pressure on trying to polish out the dirt from the top empty space of the closet. Albeit it seemed like the flat surface of the dresser was already somewhat dirtied in the past. Y/n struggled to scrub the dirt off, it really seemed like it was already dirty before but she refused to believe that. It's like trying to wipe out something white with grey spots just to figure out that it was a stain embedded to it and you never knew that it was stained.

The dresser was rather unstable as well, as if it were missing one stand or one stand was uneven compared to others. Whatever it was it was enough to fall over; because of the hard scrubbing that put too much force that wiggled the unstable dresser that fell over. Luckily Y/n manage to stand back as quick as she can before the big dresser hit her, but the quick reflexes was enough to make her trip down making an impact on the floor and making her bottom somewhat sore from the big fall.

She took awhile to whimper from the pain with her eyes shut and trying her best not to curse at herself. But a unfamiliar potrait of a girl was leaning on the wall where the dresser was covering it. The photo was enough to make the aching pain fade quicker because curiosity got the best of her. 

The S/n girl quickly crawled towards the potrait with a faded gold frame. It was dusty but the photo was of a girl looked around her age and visible vibrant blonde golden locks of hair that was carefully styled. She had rare green eyes and a contagious genuine smile. The photo looked like it was professionally drawn, like paying a lot of money to realistic artist who drew realism. Y/n wondered who was this, their mother? No she looked young for a mother but it could be the only photo they have of their mother when she was younger. Who was this? Just a stolen photo, but it would be odd for the boys to steal a photo of someone they dont even know; bought from a thrift shop probably? This may not be even a real person and just a photo for decoration.

"So, you found it" a voice from behind made the girl flinch and look behind her, she thought in her head what he meant by that but she forgot that David could probably hear it, yet remained silent. Then David somewhat said something in his thought that made something click.

"That girl. In the past few times you guys visited me in the past, you guys said something about this girl." Y/n paused, it was the girl they said that got murdered by her own friends and pondered why they murdered her, jealousy? Because she knew something about them?" 

"Yes" David replied vaguely, but it made her even more confuse, what he saying yes because she was correct that she was referring to the girl he told her about in the past? Or did he say yes because she knew something about her friends and it became her demise? "Marko must've hid it here while cleaning" David simply stated, his voice was this time low and instead of feeling a mischevious grin she knew that there was somewhat sadness within his tone. "She's pretty" Y/n mumbled, and David gave no comment to her statement.

The girl slowly rubbed her S/t fingers on the delicate painting, she rubbed circles at it gently fearing to crack it for some reason, "We couldn't save her" now it sounded like David was guilt than ever. Nonetheless his statement was enough to make Y/n frown, and realize something.

She now understands why, she understands why they warned her about her friends-- referring to Sam, and the Frog brothers-- because they knew that eventually they too will become her demise, and what do you know, they did witness her bite someone so she's now in danger and she might get killed off too by the sake of others' safety.

Y/n understands and finds more reason to stay in the cave and isolate herself, and just consider herself missing for now than to be caught by anyone. 

She considered visiting the Emerson's next time probably, it was too risky to meet anyone for now, the teenager was just gonna plan to quarantine herself for the safety of her own self, furthermore she really recognizes her situation and why the brothers will be taking her in from now on.

Little does she know David was forming another one of his mischevious smiles behind her as she dozes off at the painting. He simply walked away as quiet as possible leaving the girl to her thoughts about not leaving for a long time.