𝘓𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥?

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄, "Vampires." Edgar mentioned while his hands were crossed and one pointed down at the wrinkled photo of a missing poster of Kenneth Jones, "Edgar this is serious." Y/n had her hands crossed too. The four of them surrounded the kiddy table with the missing poster of Ken Jones. "I am too." Edgar retorted then once again went the silence. "Well I don't think we can do anything about it." Sam honestly replied. 

Frankly there was nothing they can do to help the situation, none of them have encountered Ken except for Y/n, but even so she left on her own and never saw him again. Y/n scratched her head nervously and was tempted to bring out her smoke only to recall the former nights that she promised not to take it anymore in pity of Ken. So she pushed the cigarette pack back to her back pocket. "Whatever, didn't you say Max is coming over again?" Edgar changed the topic to lighten the mood, Sam looked at Edgar, "Mom said that she wanted to make up for it since the storm kind of interrupted and ruined everything." Sam leaned on a wall with his hands folded each other, Y/n sat on the stool fiddling with her book by brushing her S/t fingers on the cover, "Well as a Vampire Association I say we investigate him once more." Edgar declared and sat down in his seat, Sam  was unsure if his mother would allow him to bring friends over since what happened the other night, which was a wreck with the boys accidentally trapping Michael instead of Max and getting no information from Max at all.

"Tonight we're going to have a different plan." Edgar took out a big piece of paper and slammed it on the table, he rested on a stool and Alan peaked over his shoulder whilst still sitting down on his stool and Emerson stood behind him leaning to look at the paper, Y/n in the meantime was across all of them so she slightly tilted her head to look at the map properly. "This is the layout of your house." Edgar looked at Sam then back at the paper, Sam gave him a wide eye confused look on how he got the layout of his house but stayed silent and watched Edgar pointing at the map. "I think we should try a different approach this time." Edgar mentioned and pointed at the stairs, "We need to approach it in a secret way. A way where he can't possibly see us.", "And how do we do that?" Sam looked at Edgar nonchalantly yet sincre, "Easy all of us hid at specific places," he paused to adjust his chair to move it closer to the kiddie table, "You see, if he knows we're on to him, he'll obviously hide it." Edgar waved his arms around with his furrowed brows, "So," he slammed his hand on the table letting Sam and Y/n flinch, "We've got to spy on them, without them knowing." the Frog brother continued, "How are we suppose to spy on them we don't have any cameras or anything?" Sam scratched his head getting confused, "Easy, we just have to hide.", "Hide where?" Sam brought up, "Anywhere!" Edgar raised his voice yet it still remained the same deep tone except it cracked a bit, "The kitchen, the closet," Edgar listed, "Anywhere as long as you can hear them." he squinted his eyes on Sam before standing up from his stool to pack his things. 

"Are you sure?" Sam followed Edgar towards the bookshelves, "Do you want to figure out if this guy is a vampire or not to save your mom?" Edgar swiftly faced Sam who slowly nodded, "Then yes it will work." Edgar aggressively turned back to re-pack his vampire items to the duffel bag, Alan followed and helped him pack the things.

"𝐈 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑?" Sam questioned his mother who was preparing to leave, "Oh no, me and Max are going to eat outside this time, make sure to take care of the house because dad isn't home and Michael isn't home either." Lucy smiled innocently at her son as she grabbed an umbrella. It was already 6PM once again, everyone went home to take a quick shower and to freshen up before coming over to Sam's house to spy on Max but unfortunately Lucy and Max are heading out for dinner which makes Edgar's spy plan flunk.

Unable to convince his mom he stayed at his couch not knowing what to do or say to the brothers since he was unsuccessful with pursuading his mother to go and stay home and have dinner with Max at home instead of going out so that they can spy on Max. Sam somberly patted Nanook's head as he waited for his friends to arrive at his doorstep. After pondering to himself he heard the door and the familiar voice of his friends which made him quickly stand up from the couch to answer it, "She left" he panted while saying, "What do you mean she left?" Alan stated, "I don't know she just said she was going to have a dinner with Max, outside." He left the door open as he began rambling; Edgar clenched to his duffel bag and looked at his brother who looked at him, as Y/n went in her pack of candy she stuffed in her pockets earlier fell, though she didn't hear the impact and proceeded to go in. "Do you at least know what restaurant?" Edgar squinted his eyes and stepped closer to Sam, "No idea." Sam sat down on the steps to pet his dog once more as Edgar and Alan start thinking of an alternative plan, "There are over hundreds of restaurants and diners in Santa Carla, plus a hundred more outside of Santa Carla how can we spy on them now?" Edgar stated then began pacing around the room.

"We can spy on them some other time." Y/n sat down on the sofa and tried to soothe the conversation and went to reach to her pocket to eat the candy for a quick snack while her friends were talking. Though she couldn't feel the candy nor heard the sounds of shuffling caused by the wrapper, she proceeded to reach to her other pocket only to feel her cigarettes. "Think I left something outside." Y/n mumbled though wasn't heard by the other teenagers and instead she took it upon herself to go outside. 

Once she opened the door she saw her candy immediately, andn luckily it wasn't far but as she went outside to pick it up she saw a figure walking near the gates of the Emerson's home. Curious, and wondering who it was she proceeded to walk forward assuming it might've been Michael hence why she felt safe and confident approaching the figure stumbling towards the gate, "Michael?" Y/n called as she re-stuffed her candy back in her pockets.

The figure lifted up it's head to reveal it was Ken Jones, this made Y/n look at him in disbelief. He wore the same clothes he wore from the last time she encountered him, "Ken?" Y/n questioned and leaned on the gate that divide them, "Y/n" he said tiredly, "Are you alright? You've been missing for 2 days, come inside let's call the police." Y/n offered and walked away just for her hand to be grabbed by the raven haired boy; she was surprised since she found out about Ken being missing the same day he got found, "Ken? What's wrong." Y/n  soothed him but he stayed silent as he harshly held the wrist of the girl. "Ken? Are you alright?" Y/n leaned back on the gate the rub his back for comfort, "Come on we can call your parents," the girl pushed but Ken replied instead he looked back up at her with different eyes and better yet fangs. 

Y/n immediately widened her eyes and moved back from his grip but he held tightly, he looked at her with hunger as if he hadn't eaten for days; he lost all control for himself and as he was about to bite onto Y/n's wrist she immediately kicked the gate between them which pushed him back a little bit and gave time for Y/n to immediately run back to the slightly open door of the Emerson's home.