𝘓𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺

"𝐘/𝐍? 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝟑 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆" a hoarsed voice perked up which made Y/n swiftly lifted her head up with her smile fading as she was greeted by her mother whom she recalled just left in a scurry earlier. "Hi mom." she frowned towards the elderly woman who just put both palms on the side of her hips with a disapproving look. 

"Y/n I'm going to have to make a curfew if you keep sneaking away like this." she scolded, "Well maybe if you stayed I wouldn't have left." Y/n explained, "Excuse me? I had to work, Do you know I'm doing all of this for you? Don't act like this again Y/n, stop being so stubborn. How about you work and see how you feel." The elderly woman blabbed.

"But I do." was the thoughts in Y/n's mind, she knew how hard it was to work, she knew how that felt, the stress, the pressure, so how was she stubborn? The faint voices of her mother started to soudn faint as Y/n clenched her fists and look down, is this fair?

"If you are doing everything for me then why don't you consider my thoughts for once in these stupid arguments!" with that the H/c haired girl quickly stomped the stairs with tears starting to form in her eyes.

She quickly burried herself in blankets and sobbed to herself before going silent and reflecting on the argument and the harsh words her mother told her. She shrugged them off by turning and faced the ceiling then started to soothe herself to sleep; the last thoughts she had in her head was the kiss Edgar gave her which was enough to make her have one last smile before going back into slumber.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐂𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐁𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐌, then noticed what day it was. Today it was only Emerson and Y/n alone scouting the whole boardwalk, afterall there was nothing to do and there was nothing more the S/n girl want than leaving her own home filled with the arguments echoing in her mind from last night.

She left through the window after taking a shower and changing more comfortable clothes. She put her hands in her pockets as she somberly walked to Sam's home, there was nothing more in her mind than the kissed she shared with Edgar. The fresh feeling of having a crush brought a glow in her face and energy. Though now she was confused on her thoughts on the Frog brother. Does she really like him? Or does she not.

"Penny for a thought?" a voice perked up which was enough for Y/n to quickly turn around to see Sam walking behind her. "Is it closed?" Sam further questioned which made Y/n snicker and brighten up her mood, "Thoughts are closed for the public, pay for it earlier tomorrow again, Emerson." Y/n played along which made the young Emerson brother smile knowing that he made her smile. 

"How's your mom?" Y/n questioned Sam, "She's doing great alright, she's still doing her work in boardwalk in morning hours, and there are no news from Max so far." the blonde chuckled, "How about you? How's your mom?" Sam returned the question with his goofy smile just for the girl to frown, "Oh, that sucks." Sam frowned as soon as he realized her expression, "How's Michael we haven't been, you know.. Hanging out a lot." Y/n scratched the back of her neck once again as she lazily dangled side to side with one hand in her pocket.

"Oh I guess he's okay, he's been hanging out with the girl he likes" Sam snickered at the thought of his brother always gaping in awe whenever he saw Star. Y/n smiled at the idea of Michael finally interacting more with Star.

"So what's the plan today?" Sam rubbed his hands before shoving it back to each pocket, "Nothing much, just scan boardwalk, if you see someone that fits my description just tell me." the girl explained in a low voice.

Albeit the day went quickly, perhaps it was the girl being occupied with her overthinking that she didn't realize time went by swifty than ever. Sam did point out the boys who fit the description she gave but she constantly nodded a no, not being familiar with any of the teenagers the Emerson brother pointed to. She only snapped back whenever would call her name and poitn at the guy other than that she would go back to her somber thoughts of her family situation furthermore her situation with Frog.

"Y/n, Y/n? Hey how many pennies do I need for your thoughts, I think it's overflowing now." Sam joked with a goofy smile which was enough to infect the S/n girl to smile along with him as she snapped back realizing the sky was dark just like yesterday night when Edgar and her to her home.

"Can I stay with you?" Y/n suddenly blurted, "What?" Sam looked confused not getting the memo, "Let me stay with you, please." Y/n begged yet kept a closed smile to the boy which was enough to make him slowly nod, "Yeah, come on, let's get home quickly then." Sam went closer with Y/n as the two paced her their pace to reach the Emerson household.

"Sorry if it's sudden." Y/n apologized, "Hey don't worry about it." Emerson opened the gate and letting the girl first before following behind. "Come on, let's go up to my room" He rushed to the stairs trying to avoid the attention of his mother or grandfather or better yet his brother not wanting to start a conversation with anyone at the moment; due to the single goal on trying to protect Y/n.

"I can sleep on the floor" Sam opened his closet and began rummaging through his things trying to locate for spare blankets. Y/n came besides him pondering to offer him some help before seeing something in his closet that caught her eye, "Woah, what's this." the girl's S/t toned hands grabbed the hanger that had a suit. 

"Did you have prom before?" She questioned as she looked at the nice brown suit with a black polo shirt and black tight trousers with a belt that layered on top of the polo sleeves, "Brown isn't my color." Sam looked at the suit with a frown before going back to his search for spare blankets. The girl noticed his somber expression and placed the suit back, "It's my dad's." Sam added which made the teenager look at him with interest, "I kept it I guess, he gave it to me and he thought that I may need it some day." Sam stopped tipping his toes as he had his hands full with a thick blanket, "But I don't think I'll need it, not now." he started placing the blanket down besides his bed, "And I don't think I'll need it ever." he was focused on fixing his new bed on the floor.

"I think you should use it." Y/n sat besides his closet and stared at him fixing the blankest, "Me? No I couldn't" he shook his head with a polite smile yet was still concentrated, "Use it right now" Y/n suggested, "Why?" he quickly got up; getting interested into where this conversation what getting. "You said you might not use it so why not use it now?" Y/n got up and started giving him the suit. "Hurry up okay, I just wanna see it on you." she added as she pushed him excitedly to his bathroom.