𝘋𝘪𝘣𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘦

𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐄 he let out a soft grunt as he threw it to the other pile of rocks. Y/n went besides him as they looked at the metal that was shining due to the reflection of the moonlight, this made Sam crawl further towards it and took off the other remaining small pebbles before picking up the jewel. "What is it?" the H/c girl questioned, the Emerson looked at the necklace, it was a cross made out of authentic tiny rubies that is being held down by silver. 

He grinned as it as he inched closer to the window to see it reflecting, and though he didn't know if it was real ruby he still stood up and faced Y/n. "I have a gift for you." Sam grinned as he hid the jewellry behind him, "Better not be a pebble, Emerson." Y/n scoffed playfully which made Sam chuckle, "Too bad it is." Emerson teased. Y/n let out a smile of disbelief and quick cackle, then proceeded walked away to explore the place furthermore only to halt as Sam quickly put something cold on her. It touched her collarbone which made her shiver and gave her goosebumps as she looked down to see the pretty necklace. The cross wasn't that big that it was heavy, though it still had weight unlike other necklaces. "Woah where are you going, I didn't give it yet." chuckled from behind.

"Like it?" Sam whispered from behind her, his breathe tickled Y/n's ears, she then got the ruby cross and looked at it, "It's pretty." She smiled to herself with Sam still peaking his heads from her shoulders. "Think so too?" Sam whispered as both of his hands rested on each shoulder of the Y/n, "Yeah." she brushed her thumb over the jewel and Sam looked at Y/n's expression. His face relaxed, though their moment was interrupted by a grumpy Edgar. 

"Too close" he scolded which made Y/n and Sam separate and look at Edgar; the brothers quickly walked towards the other two with Alan glaring at Sam, "Don't even think about it." he whispered as Edgar just gave a glare to Sam. "You guys should check upstairs, we found something" Alan spoke as he looked at Sam with slightly squinted eyes, Sam put his hands up to surrounder that he wasn't doing anything. Edgar then gestured the group to follow them but he stood closely to Y/n as he looked at Sam.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍'𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐃 which made it easier for everyone. They were eventually greeted with a large hallway with a wide door at the end of it. "Come." Alan gestured them to hurry up as they walked through the hallways to be greeted with several opened doors that leads to separate rooms, "What are in the rooms?" Sam perked up, "One of them are bathrooms, and most of them are empty or bedrooms." Edgar explained as they made it to the end of the hallway where there was a wide frame that leads to another wide room much like the ballroom at the first floor, except smaller.

It was a dining room with a rectangle long table and with some heavy wooden carved; sculpted chairs, some were on the ground and some were still pushed towards the table. They were soon greeted by a throne that was made of genuine gold but it was covered with dust so it was slightly grey. On the top side of the throne was several pieces of ruby that matched Y/n's new necklace

Y/n and Sam looked at the room as Edgar already sat on the throne and his brother sat besides him on the ordinary thick wooden chair with a dirty cushon. "This place doesn't seem like a serial killer hideout base." Y/n brought up as she pulled a chair to sit on. She sat besides Edgar and across Alan as Sam sat beside Y/n. "That's because there aren't any serial killers in the first place." Edgar stated. "This place is pretty cool for something that is broken." Sam stated, "Hey, this could be a good base." Y/n uttered which made the Frog brothers consider the suggestion. "Hey there were stairs we passed by, have you guys checked that out yet?" Sam questioned, "You're a good observer Phoenix, but we did check it out already." Alan squinted his eyes as Sam and Y/n waited for him to add something. 

"So..?" Sam brought up, "So?" Edgar mimicked, "So what's upstairs?" Y/n joined, "Nothing, it's locked by a thick lock." Edgar explained, "Maybe we can open it." Sam suggested, "Tch, you're taking this too easy, Phoenix." Edgar scoffed.

"𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐈 𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔. 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐎 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐘." Edgar put rested his hands on his hips. The four teenagers already went to the third floor and is now standing in front of a door that was blocking them from seeing the last floor of the residence. The thick wooden door was chaine up with big rusty chains and a big lock. Sam was trying to use a twig to unlock the lock though it didn't budge. "There's got to be another way to break a lock." Y/n was sitting on the step of the stairs, smoking once again since it was chilly once more. The holes and cracks of windows and walls didn't help either since it brought in more wind that didn't help the condition of the already cold temperature.

"Let's just open this tomorrow, It's too dark and I can't see Sam." Sam spoke after he broke the twig, but no one seems to notice. "Agreed, afterall we claim this as ours now." Edgar stated, "So it's our base now?" Y/n questioned, "Yes." Alan answered for his brother as everyone rushed downstairs. Y/n threw her cigarette that was already burning out.

She followed everyone downstairs till they all found themselves standing at the frame of the main door of the whole house. They looked at the view to look at the bushes from where they came from and that leads back to the shores of Santa Carla. "What's wrong?" Y/n questioned but she realized the Sam was hugging himself and realized the brothers are slightly shivering as well; and she too got goosebumps of the cold air. "It's cold." Sam uttered, "No kidding." Alan sarcastically spoke as they all walked out together. "Wait." Edgar spoke which made them stop and turn back to Edgar who was closing the doors of the residence. Till the sounds of shuffling near the bushes made all four of them look around.

"What was that?" Sam whispered but no one replied as everyone was now on high alert on the mysterious sound, "Must be that serial killer." Y/n brought up, "This is no joking matter, Y/n" Edgar squinted his eyes again as the sound of shuffling once more appeared which got all of their attention. "Vampires." Edgar murmured, "That's just an animal probably." Y/n whispered back. "How are we gonna go back? The sounds are coming from there." Sam joined in whilst pointing on the bushes which was the direction where they came from. 

"Alright on the count of three, we all run towards it." Edgar suggested; still whispering. "That's not a good idea, if that was a wild animal we'll be dead already." Y/n looked at the brother, "We'll scare it if we do it quickly and if we do it at the same time." Alan mumbled, "Okay, on the count of three." Edgar interrupted. "One. Two. Three."

The four teenagers began screaming as they run towards the bushes, since they swiftly went through it they didn't even get to see anything but instead trip altogether on a familiar branch they encountered earlier when entering. The same branch once again got a hold of Edgar's pants while everyone else was fine and lying on the ground. They all began spitting the sand out of their mouths as Edgar tried untangling his pants once more. Y/n began laughing since she imagined how silly they must've sound like to other people, or how silly they looked while running. "Let's call it a day." Y/n brought up and sat back down on the sand.