𝘈 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘰𝘶𝘵?

𝐘/𝐍 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐋𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑, the lack of sweets in it was disappointing her as she ran the way to be greeted by a few candy bars left. The girl was in the mood for a mint to chew on as they return back to the base and relax after the frustrating night. Y/n then recalled cigarettes that would ease her tense shoulders and upset mood for not being to have any mints. She swiftly made it towards the front counter to look at the tiny container filled by several cigarette boxes with different brands and cover box. 

It was enough to give her a smile; excited that she could smoke to distract the absent sweet she desires, but as she snatch a box from the container she stared at the reflective plastic wrapped around it. Her long nails from her thumb quietly brush the plastic that kept her from opening the container. She immediately recalled the Frog brothers always stopping her from smoking addiction and thankfully for the past few days she forgot entirely about the concept of smoking since she was around her friend often, she didn't want to upset the Frog brothers either after all she didn't always consider stopping but frequently found herself doing it the next day.

She had a somber smile as she looked at the container, the ambience of mumbled chattering and music outside the shop filled her ears as she had her doubts. She slowly placed the box back to it's place and put her empty hands in her pockets to hug herself from the cold temperature she'll greet after she steps out of the shop.

With her deductions she did feel the breeze hit her despite being covered with layers of clothing, this made her clench her hands into a fist in her pockets.

She held her breath reassuring herself that it was right for her to stop her addiction; before jugging to the old spot where she left the boys; worrying if they left without her, this caused her to pace up her speed and got greeted by the view of the dim blue tinted beach with the boys standing up looking at a singular direction. Before pondering on what their attention's were focused on she was relieved to see they were still in the exact position where she remembered leaving them.

Before she could raise her hands to wave to grab their attention she hesitated as she saw two unfamiliar figures talking to the Frog brothers, this made Y/n close her mouth to prevent the words she originally planned to scream out, albeit the silhoutte of her still manage to get the attention of Sam.

She stood besides Sam awkwardly as she tried to scan the new faces ahead of them. "Oh yeah- yeah no problem." Alan was nervous as he spoke to Molly, "Maybe we could all hangout tomorrow?" Molly smiled with a more confident tone now. "We'll think about it." Edgar shrugged before quickly looking back to see if Y/n was there.

"Come on." Edgar said in a deep tone still trying to lift up his tough-guy persona in front of the strangers. Everyone obediently followed Edgar except for Alan who scanned Molly one last time before following his brother, "What was that for?" Alan spoke out looking at his brother, the air was now tense since Y/n and Sam could feel the genuine frustration that the other brother felt, "What do you mean?" Edgar was confused at his brother's lash, yet the group continued walking further.

Silence filled up the air once more which just added more traction of anger fuming on Alan, "I could speak for myself." Alan stated calmly yet there was agressiveness. "I know" Edgar replied bluntly.

It was the first time for Sam and Y/n to witness the two having an argument, the brothers took care of each other; constantly protective and respectful, if they had different opinions they were always known to agree to disagree those conversations to prevent any quarrels. This made the two speechless not wanting to join in the discussion not knowing how to comment on two of them.

"Look I want to hangout with them." Alan whispered and walked closer towards his brother, but receive no response, "I want to find new friends, okay?" Alan licked his lips quickly trying to find the words to add to convince his uninterested brother, "Edgar." Alan called which was enough for his brother to snap and turn to him, "Yeah but we don't trust them, we can't trust them, if you went along to spend time with them and went missing I don't know what I would do without you." Edgar squinted his eyes as he ranted, his eyes were furrowed and though his tone was threatening his message said otherwise; with him just being straightforward on being afraid for his brother. In they end the two really genuinely seemed to look out for each other.

Alan was speechless trying to process the words from his brother, he closed his eyes to think but quickly open it back up after collecting his thoughts, "If you're paranoid you can come along with me then." he gave our a solution which made Edgar's face soften from the stiffness he had prior. 

It was enough to assure his brother that he was going to be safe, nonethless was glad his brother proposed this idea. Without a word the two continued walking back to the base, "So who were they?" Sam brought up, it seemed like he too noticed that the negative aura the brothers left after their argument seemed to make the vibe around them more awkward than furious just like what Y/n and Sam felt earlier. 

"No one important." Edgar waved off indicating that he still didn't trust the idea of Molly and Jared. "We met while trying to find the twins." Alan nonchalantly explain with a unreadable expression, "So they basically witnessed the twins?" Sam questioned gesturing that Molly thanked Alan for saving her which meant that she was attacked. "Yes" Edgar explained quicker than his brother. 

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐈𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐍𝐎 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐔𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒, though Y/n had more questions in her head as her curiosity grew on the cousins, Molly and Jared since she had lack of information of them. She quietly read a comic trying to make her attention into the story she was reading.

Alan in the other hand was staring at his reflection on the window, though it was vague and didn't show his entire reflection, only a opaque one of his face. He started parting his hair with both of his hands trying to find a hairstyle that suits him. Sam who was on the floor took notice of the boy's actions which made the blonde Emerson have a side smile before putting his comic down to approach the brother from behind.

He immediately grabbed the shoulders of the brother with his goofy smile as he looked at the reflection as well, "So it's a date huh?" Sam smiled and left his mouth gape as he waited for a response. What made him tease the brother all of a sudden was the sight of Alan trying to find a hairstyle which meant he wanted to impress Molly in some way. "A date?" Alan was confused, "With that Molly chick." he shook the shoulders of the Frog brother.

Meanwhile the name of Molly and the word Date made Edgar snatch up from his comic as well and quickly stomped his way to the two boys quietly talking, "It's no date." Edgar defensively scolded the Emerson which made him chuckle even more. "Yeah because you'll be there." Emerson teased. The topic was still sensitive and fresh so the two brother quickly went silent remembering their banter earlier. 

This made Sam's smile slowly fade away as he looked back and forth at the brother's somber expressions, "Well it's not that bad I guess." Sam reassured the brothers, "Though you need to tell me the details." Sam smiled once more and looked at Alan, "It's no date!" Edgar crossed his hands over his shoulders as he glared at the Emerson who was trying to encourage his brother furthermore. "Woa!" Sam immediately took his hands off from Alan's shoulders and put it in a way where he was stipulating surrender, "Watch what you say Emerson." Edgar glared at the boy, "Besides what makes you so interested in our business?" Edgar continued, "Who said it was only you two's business." Sam teased with a chuckle.

Nonetheless this got a disapproving look from the Frog brother who had his hands crossed, "That's because I'm a lady expert I know how to get the ladies." Sam bragged, "Oh come on." Edgar turned away in disbelief, "What, it's true." Sam snorted once more before sitting besides Y/n which made her snap back to reality, "What." she looked around her with a confused expression, "Nothing." Edgar shrugged off before standing in front of Sam who was now sitting on the sofa besides the H/c haired girl, "Now there is no date!" Edgar pointed at Sam, "Jealous?" Sam commented as he relaxed himself to the seat. This was enough to make Y/n snort.

"What! Who said I was jealous?" Edgar defensively scolded, "Just admit it that you like Molly as well probably." Sam pressed which made Edgar's ear visibly red, This made Y/n and Sam look at each other when they noticed the blush, they started laughing uncontrollably on the sofa as they left the brother confused, "What's so funny?" this time his furious and upset look softened out of confusion.

Alan tagged along with the laughing and started quietly chuckling as he noticed his brother had his ears red which indicated that he must've had a crush on Molly. 

Edgar proceed to throw the comic at the cackling Y/n and Sam but it wasn't enough for them to stop laughing, their faces were as red as the blush that Edgar had on the tip of his ears. The room's aura has now been lifted as echoes of laughter radiated the whole base.