𝘞𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱

𝐘/𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐀𝐌 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐁𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄, they were still greeted by the sky but it had more than one stars and the ones they named were still there, "We fell asleep." Y/n brought up as she prompted herself to sit down to stretch, "Yeah." Sam did the same and slowly got up before stretching as well to look at the view. 

The radio was still heard in the background, but instead of classical music it was now playing some sort of pop rock music that none of them could heard properly to identify what song it is. Sam lifted up his watch from his pockets for him to look at the time, 7:36PM, "It's still 7." He frowned as he realized that time was going by slow and that they have to wait a few hours more till it's their shift to guard over boardwalk, and though there were a lot of things to do in their remaining hours before their shift it was still somewhat boring staying in the base. 

"We should go get food." Sam put the watch back on his back pocket as he slowly started going down on to the window as Y/n followed. The two were planning to go to boardwalk to grab a quick meal since the two hadn't gotten any food for a long time. "What do you want to get?" Sam got in to turn off the radio as he looked at the girl going in the window, "I'm in a mood for burgers." Y/n closed the window as she got in, "Oh yeah?" Sam smiled at he tinkered with the radio, "I'm sure." Y/n went ahead Sam, "Burger sounds good as well." Sam walked behind her and the two walked out of the base to be greeted with a chilly breeze that was somewhat managable.

"Jesus it's freezing." Sam hugged himself as he looked out at the view and yawned, "Sometimes I don't understand Santa Carla." Y/n hugged herself as the two began walking through the bushes to get out of the base; "At night it's freezing.." Y/n lifted up her feet to dodge the big log that Edgar kept tripping previously.

"And at day it's warm." Sam continued the sentence for her and walked side by side.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐘 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐁𝐎𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊, the two walked silently to a fast food restaurant that was quite small. Once the two saw the words zigzag fries they quickly knew to order it first before they eat their burgers and get their drinks among everything else.

"These look good." Sam smiled as fresh zigzag-shaped fries were placed between them, then quickly nodded to the waitress as a gesture of thanks; the waitress gave a quick closed smile "Tell me about it." but before the two could get their hands on the plate a loud clashing noise was heard which got their attention and make them look at where it came from.

The same waitress that served them accidentally dropped a drink on a custumer which made the customers stand up to quickly clean it off with a tissue as the waitress frantically cleans the spilled drink, "Kind of feel bad for her." Y/n brought up and slowly leaned both arms on the table as she lifted up one to take fries and to quickly dip it to ketchup.

"Oh yeah?" Sam observed the waitress, "Tt's hard to be waitress." Y/n nodded with a chuckle after she took a bite of her fries, "Yeah must be tough, at least you can manage it." Sam comforted, "Yeah." the two went silent munching on their fries once again, till it eventually was stopped by another waitress serving burgers and two glass of cola towards them. The two weren't the type to have long conversations, Sam was mostly just the listener most of the time and Y/n didn't know really how to start one.

"Why do you need a job anyways?" Sam questioned and though he was focused on his burger he still asked sincerely as if he genuinely wanted to know. "I don't know. To refill my Allowance I guess." Y/n was also concentrated on her meal as well so she didn't mind the lack of eye contact as they spoke. "It's like me and my mom and sister live in the same house but aren't by blood," she took another bite of her hamburger and took her time to chew it before continuing her sentence; this time Sam was looking at her as he chewed on the chunk of burger he bit.  "So we don't share or ask for each other's stuff, as if we have our own lives." 

"So I have to earn my money if I want something." she finished her story and took a sip of her drink, "Why?" Sam questioned which made Y/n look at him and question herself as well, why does her family work separately? Why do they always act like they're just roommates. "I don't know either. Me and my mom don't go well." she spoke nonchalantly; then placed her burger on her plate as she took another piece of fries again, "My sister also doesn't go well with mom, so she leaves often." Y/n honestly replied and dipped her half fries back to the ketchup.

Sam looked at the girl somberly playing the fries on the ketchup; swirling it around as if it was a paint brush trying to paint a circle. He quickly finished up his burger and place it back on his plate while getting a piece of fries as well and dipped it on the ketchup to knock the girl out of her dazed state, "Try talking to them." Sam suggested which made her lift her head up. She snorted and shook her head, "That's impossible," she finally tooked the overdipped fries-- with ketchup-- and took a bite with her face slightly turning to a sour expression as she realized she put took much ketchup.

"No, I'm serious. My mom said sometimes communication is an issue with families." Sam leaned on the table furthermore as he suggested it. He sat straight back up and took another piece of fries and waited for the S/n's response. 

Y/n put her elbow on the table and rested her ear on her palm as she swirled her fries once more; considering the idea and started pondering about her choice. "How should I?" she questioned. At this point her family was so disconnected they barely talked, only a couple fights at midnight and a few greetings in the morning or sometimes nothing at all, hence why another reason why Y/n didn't care if her sister, Megan hasn't returned for a few days, she'll eventually show up from time to time; sleeping on the sofa most of the time. 

Y/n never gets to see her mother either, if her mother is drinking coffee at late night those are the only time she sees her but even they do not communicate during those occasions. Her mother would be up and early and would leave a note for groceries or chores but most of the time Y/n does it since Megan was always no where to be found.

"Watching a movie? A roadtrip?" Sam suggested midway his chewing with his fries, "Movies are effective." Sam leaned in once more whilst finishing his last few bites of his burger. This made Y/n smile, Sam's family was nice unlike her family which made her frown, it was just a random thought she pondered about. "Mom is busy I don't' think she'll go ahead and pay attention to me anyways." she slowly munched on her burger, "Hey, don't worry about it. Just try at least." Sam reassured and decided to eat on the fries as Y/n quietly eats her burger.

The two quietly finished their fries and drinks before leaving the restaurant quietly.  The two slowly walked towards the crowd with Y/n slowly dangling side to side as they walk; waddling like a penguin. Sam in the other hand was observing around the place, "We shoud go get snacks, we're going to stay in the base for a few hours so we might get hungry." Y/n suggested filling up the silence between them; despite it already being filled by the blaring sounds of people chattering and riding rides and carrying radios.

"There." Sam looked over a quick mini-mart which made them go in it to find some snacks, "Ice cream?" Sam faced Y/n to wait for her approval, "We can't, we don't have a cooler," she frowned, "We should really earn for a cooler then." The Emerson recommended before the girl went her separate ways and went to a chocolate aisle.

She scrambles her S/t hands through the chocolate boxes a short boy hit her back making her slightly lean to the aisle more and accidentally clenched on the chocolate wrappers as a support. 

The shorter boy that bumped into her then accidentally bumped into the aisle and making several boxes of chocolate fall; it eventually got his attention for a short while and he looked back at the fallen snack before walking away.

Y/n knelt down to pick up the chocolate bits back to the chocolate box; the boy looked behind him to look back at the mess he made before quickly looking back forward, ignoring the fallen chocolate and the troubled h/c haired girl picking it up for him.

But at the moment he looked back to check on the impact he made, Y/n quickly took a glimpse at the stranger's face as curiosity and by nature. And her eyes widen as the face was indeed familiar, her eyes slowly trailed down to his familiar leather silky jacket that was the same brand, form, as Ken's.