𝘕𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘦

"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐔𝐘𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐀 𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐎?" Y/n brushed her fingers all over the tiny radio that the boys bought; The brothers sat beside Emerson who was across Y/n

"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐔𝐘𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐀 𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐎?" Y/n brushed her fingers all over the tiny radio that the boys bought; The brothers sat beside Emerson who was across Y/n. They found themselves on the attic of their base once more. Though it was more furnished with three wooden stools and a small kids table that looked second-handed. 

"Well yeah, you said you want a radio." Alan stated; he and his brother was once again reading comics and Sam was doing the same. It was the 2 days from when Y/n was previously sick, the boys decided to share their money to buy the radio for a get well gift but instead just gave it the next day since they didn't know where Y/n lived. With no reply to Alan, Y/n got up to place the radio to a vacant part of the shelf and turned on to play some tunes as the boys read. Today Y/n wore more suitable clothes for the weather since she felt better, a simple headband to keep her hair in tack and a simple ivory white dress. It was hot once again; besides it's been awhile since she's been wearing dresses.

"So about that Ken guy." Alan brought up which gained the look of both Sam and Edgar from their comics; Y/n had no choice but to open up about her encouters with Ken and that he was the main cause for getting a quick cold. "What?" Y/n sat back on the stool and opened her novel, "It's Kenneth Jones, he's an ass." Edgar muttered, "Is he well known?" Sam questioned, "Yeah a well known pain around Santa Carla," Edgar squinted his eyes and brought down his comic, "He doesn't live here, he lives in the next city nearby Santa Carla, and he has the reputation of being a playboy and annoying." Edgar explained swiftly as if he was running out of breath and to state a point. "You shouldn't hangout with him anymore." Alan added. Y/n didn't plan on meeting with Ken either, he made his decision with what kind of person he is.

Y/n got her novel and moved her stool towards a wall so that she could lean properl as the boys stay in their positions and with quiet classical tunes in the background. "We should name our base." Edgar's deep voice perked up, "Any suggestions?" Sam questioned as he was reading his comic; too dazed and focused. "The Frog Brother's Vampire Association" he dramatically declared which made Sam look at him with skeptism and glare of disagreement though didn't state his thoughts, Y/n snorted just to shortly apologize with guilt. "We'll think of it later or something." she suggested, "At the meantime I'm kind of hungry, can we go get lunch?"

𝐘/𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐁𝐎𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐒, the boys were occupied with their comics that they were in no mood to eat at the moment, which was alright Y/n; albeit she was now alone. As she was in the process of looking for a diner to stay in to order some food she came across a small minishop where she decided to go buy sweets and chocolates for the boys in return for the radio they bought.

The doorbell had a little ding and it was quiet and cramped inside, there were hardly any people inside and only the man in charge of the front counter. The girl immediately went to the sweets aisle where it was filled with chocolate bars and candy packs; then started debating what she would get for them. As a big specific chocolate bar got her attention she picked it up just to see the price which made her widen her eyes, she could not afford it at all with the remaining money she's got from her allowance. Lucky enough she was gonna receive her paycheck the following day.

She frantically looked through the shelves lifting different brands of candies and chocolates and hardly fainting with the prices. Even the small pieces of chocolate wouldn't do despite the cheap price. Bummed out with the belief that she couldn't buy small treats for her friends she decided if she could afford at least a small drink, and if it was in her budget. The girl quickly went to the freezer area to look through the glass to see what drink looked familiar to her. She knew simple juices were cheap unlike the fancier drinks.

She opened the refrigerator door to look at her choices and took the drinks out one by one, the first one she took out was a small drink of apple juice and the price didn't fit her money either which made her return it and look for the next drink that she presumed the boys might like, which was chocolate milk, however the price didn't fit her funds as well which made her return it; she also came to the conclusion to just instead buy soda for them since it was cheaper, but before she could return the chocolate milk she noticed a familiar photo in the side of a normal milk flavoured milk carton. She switched out the chocolate milk for the normal one to take a closer look at the side photo besides the milk. It was Ken Jones, it said he was last seen in Santa Carla beaches but never to be found again. It has been 2 days and Ken Jones was now confirmed missing. This made Y/n widen her eyes in surprise with the mixture of fear and concern. Ken might've been not the best of people though Y/n would never wish anything bad upon him, like going missing. 

She closed the door of the refrigerator and continued rubbing her hands over the photo of Ken Jones, it was impossible. It felt unbelievable that he just suddenly went missing; additionally Y/n was scared if she could be next since at this point it was random, and for the matter she was considered one of the last people considered to speak to Ken before he disppeared who couldn't blame her for fearing to be next. "Hey sir, do you know anything about this boy?" Y/n came up to the man behind the counter, he seemed to be young yet he was reading a newspaper. He swiftly placed the newspaper down as he looks at the girl and then the box carton. "Oh that dude, he's all over the newspaper." he placed his newspaper down and showed it to the girl to which she slightly moved it towards her to read, "A rich city boy I think, they said he had a strict curfew and when he didn't go back for 2 days his parents reported him missing," he pointed towards the portion of the paper where it mentioned everything he said, "and that his friends had no recollection of what happened to the night before." he pointed towards the bottom paragraph that stated about his friends, "Is there any progress with finding him?" Y/n lifted her head up to the boy. "Not at all, not even reports, his parents are freaking out though, they're paying loads of money just for people to find him. Why do you know him?" the boy leaned in towards Y/n. "No I just thought he looked familiar." Y/n stood back to which the young boy took his newspaper and continued chewing a gum that Y/n didn't seem to notice he was chewing.

She slowly retreated back to the refrigerator and returned the milk carton with disbelief once again; wondering how would his friends miss him and not see him disappear, she instead just bought a pack of candy that was affordable for herself since she wants to skip lunch at least for now. "I'll buy this please." she let the young store clerk scan the tiny candy plastic wrap.

Y/n decided to walk back slowly to the base with thoughts in her mind, she was hesitant to open the pack of candy since all she could do was think, fear still conquered her. Hence why she instead pocketed the candy along with her cigarette pack. Besides, who wouldn't be afraid of being the next missing victim after you've got acquianted with a guy who eventually went missing. Now with tension and distress she hugged herself not realizing she accidentally stepped on a piece of paper, the noice of the crinkle got her attention and made her lean down to fetch it just to reveal it was another more detailed photo of Ken Jones. She folded the paper to show to the boys later on, every minuted that passed by she was worried and concerned thinking where could Ken go.