𝘈𝘯𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴

"𝐈'𝐌 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐈 𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄." Mrs. Frog explained as she place a giant box on the counter just the tamper the items inside it, "Oh alright, Thank you." Y/n gave an awkwardly quick close smile and headed out of the shop. She even tried to call Sam that day but no one answered the telephone so she presumed the boy was asleep.

The Frog brothers weren't home either; It was likely because Molly asked the brothers to hangout, thus made Y/n all alone with no one to hangout, Albeit she didn't make a big deal of being alone she was used to it before emeting the Frog brothers and Emerson's. It was nice to have alone time as well so that Y/n could collect her thoughts and relax for a moment after the rough prior days.

Nevertheless being alone once again was quite boring at her part, there was nothing much to do other than read and stay home, or watch TV. The young girl started to realize that having friends around is much more productive compared to everything she does alone.

As she walked home from the boardwalk she recalled her mother was home, then recollected the memories of Sam persuading her to reconnect with her mother just like what she always wished for. She had a somber frown as she thought of the most memorable memories of her mother when she was younger; Such as building pillow forts with her mother whenever she was scared to sleep alone, thinking of those memories made Y/n sad on how things ended, furthermore made her ponder, was it her who ruined the relationship? Or was it her mother being distant and cold.

No matter what occured in their mother-daughter relationship; Y/n knows that she needs to reunite and bond with her mother once more.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 scanning the surroundings till they spotted another silhoutte watching the news. Y/n fully opened the door as the creak got louder but received no attention from the adult sittin on the sofa,this made Y/n somewhat frown but concealed her emotions as best as she can as she approached her mother and sat besides her.

Luckily her mother wasn't drinking as well which meant she waas conscious and would be aware on the things she says and does. The girl awkwardly sat on the other end of the couch fiddling her S/t fingers trying to find words to say. 

Although her mother was in her late 30s she still looks refreshing as ever, pretty S/t skin and platinum blonde dyed hair, though she did grow faint wrinkles and eyebags her face still looked like it was being taken care of. 

"Y/n?" she noticed the tiny figure of the teenager besides her, "Yeah?" she perked her head up to give eye contact to her mother, she too had the same E/c as hers. "You're home early." Her mother commented and went to focus back on her show, "I know." Y/n smiled as they chat, "I remember when we use to build pillow forts" the girl added without thinking twice; this got the attention of her mother once more and giggled at the thought.

"You used to be afraid of the closet across you, " her mother paused for a second as her eyes scanned the details of the TV even though her thoughts were trying to process the memory. "So we built pillow forts and you would fall asleep." the adult hummed while giving a small smile. Nonethless without looking at her mother she too was beaming with happiness. "Do you wanna build a fort later tonight?" Y/n sheepishly questioned though spoke with confidence and no regrets. "Really? Aren't you too old for that?" her mother replied with a chuckle, "No one is too old for anything" Y/n retorted with a snicker.

"Atta girl." her mother smiled at her daughter's confidence, "But yeah we'll make a pillow fort if you help me make dinner just this time." she added and Y/n looked at her to which she looked back, "Deal." Y/ n giggled, she enjoyed acting like her childish self around her mother, it feels like she's in her childhood all over again.

"Well come on let's prepare it already." Her mother stood up and turned off the TV to get her radio and a tape, "Here! My favorite." she played the tape of  Ilene Woods singing "A dream is a wish" in the 1950s. Her mother always liked the song. "Do you know how to waltz?" her mother questioned as Y/n put on her teddy bear themed apron, "No." she leaned on the table waiting for instructions, "Me and your father use to waltz." her mother giggled reminiscing the prior days. "Gross mom." another voice arrived; to their surprise it was Megan coming from upstairs, "Oh Megan." her mother greeted, she was now in a light mood knowing that she's bonding with her daughters.

"We don't need to know you and dad waltzing" Megan teased as she skipped her way to the kitchen, "Watcha makin, bacon?" she put her arms around Y/n's shoulder, "We're gonna make lasagna and if you don't like hearing me and your father's love story for the 100th time you could leave!" their mother playfuly scoffed which received a snicker from Megan, "Even you're aware that you keep retelling us the story of you and dad." Megan rolled her eyes with a shook. "You're officially kicked out from the Kitchen" Their mother continued playing along, "Gee I was gonna offer to help to cook." Megan groane with no response and quickly skipped her way to the refridgerator to grab snacks for herself.

"No no, no ice cream cookis before dinner." their mother slapped Megan's hand from the cookie container which made Megan playfully roll her eyes, "Okay mom." she said in a annoyed tone and sat down, "Guess I'll watch." Megan rested her chin on her palm, she too was enjoying the moment of spending time with her family.

"No watching, mix that." her mother playfully rolled her eyes which made Megan huff in annoyance and slowly mixed the continents in the bowl, "I can't believe you don't know how to waltz." the platinum blonde woman turned towards the shorter H/c teenager, "It's not like anyone dances it these days mom." the teenager scoffed which made Megan snicker, "Well you better know how to waltz, there will be a time where you'll eventually have to waltz and it'll be embarrassing if you don't know how to follow the lead." the older woman waved her hands as she explained which made Megan yawn sarcastically again, "Come on mom since when was waltzing important?" she added, "Well back then a lot of people are aware of waltz and knew how to dance waltz and all those things." their mother smiled, "You're so old ma!" Megan teased, "Well it goes something like this" the older woman grabbed Y/n's hands and began slow dancing for a quick minute before her phone started ringing. "Hold on." The older woman mumbled before looking at her phone then answered immediately before leaving the house to take the phone outdoors; leaving the siblings to ponder what the call was about.

"Thought you were in a party." Y/n brought up to her sister Megan, "Well I was about to, but why not spend time with you guys right? It's been a long time anyways." she had a somber look on her face as well, "Yeah" Y/n had a solemn look as well, "Kinda miss going out with you guys." Megan perked up, "Me too. Mom just got busy I guess so we just all stopped spending time with each other" Y/n frankly spoke which received a slow nod for Megan.

"Well let's make the most of our time then." she brought up after a pause of collecting thoughts, "Hey." the voice of the older woman came back which made the two siblings turn their heads at the taller figure, "I got an extra night shift tonight, I'm sorry I won't have dinner with you guys." she apologized but as soon as she explained not being present in the night the two siblings had a gloomy aura that radiated from them even though they responded with a polite understanding smile, "Sorry guys, c'mon lets finish this lasagna" the older woman tried to lighten up the mood after feeling reassured from the smiles from her daughters.

"𝐁𝐘𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐀 𝐌𝐊𝐀𝐘?" the older woman giggled as she stepped out of the door leaving the S/n sisters to lean on the frame of the door observing their mother slowly fading out of their sight; this received a frustrated quiet sigh from Megan, "So much for family bonding time" she breaks off the cross of her arms below her chest and went inside the house to go upstairs in her room, "Are you going too?" Y/n questioned to her older sister which made the older girl stop her steps, "Yeah, I guess.. There's no point in staying right? Be safe okay?" Megan gave a quick smile before stomping back to her bedroom. 

Now everything was back to normal again, their mom wasn't home, Megan was out to party and Y/n was left all alone in the house. It's just like how every night went, there was no doubt about it that at this point the H/c young girl was used to being home alone and depedent due to the lack of family members being in the house as always.

She solemnly got up to her bedroom to build a pillow fort on her own and tried to lighten up her thoughts, telling herself that at least she maade progress on trying to better her relationship with her mother, something she always wished to accomplished. 

She carefully and gently stacked thick yet soft pillows on top of each other as she builds a little box; to top it all off she covered the box cave with a blanket as she snuggled herself in it tugging on the blanket, yearning for something to hug but instead replaced her urges by simply tugging the comfortable soft fabric that kept her warm that night. 

Her eyes flutter and blink as thoughts circled around her, furthermore as she stared at a singular location. She was dazed; trying to reflect on the day she had nonethless the daydreaming was slowly fading as her e/c eyes are slowly getting blocked by heavy eyelids reluctantly trying to close, till eventually her eyes were shut and the fight on trying to block out the sleepiness away was gone and she was in a deep slumber.