Chapter 1- Sisters

Avalyn Parker- Danielle Campbell.

..

4 months later..

Ava's POV.

July 14.

2 more weeks. With sweat, blood, and tears, Rebecca and Laurie have planned this wedding through every single detail. It's incredible how flawless the wedding plan came out to be in just 5 months. Rebecca always dreamed of having a summer wedding. She had already planned out where the wedding and reception will be, sent out invitations, and hired caterors, photographers, and a dj. Laurie being Rebecca's closest friend and trustful maid of honor, she made sure that all maids fitted for their dresses and Rebecca for hers. Due to the short time and low budget, Rebecca cut out the bachelorette party and honey moon. As bad as I felt, she insisted that she didn't need any fancy parties or vacations to make her wedding the best.

"Hey Ava," Rebecca knocked on my door, "Laurie and I are going to go get mani-pettis and grab lunch. Wanna come?"

"Uh, yeah." I called out, "Let me put on some clothes."

I quickly jumped out the bed and rushed to my closet. I pulled off my baggy sweater, changing into a pair of shorts and white blouse. After brushing my hair, applying a coat of mascara, and putting on my flipflops, I grabbed my phone and ran down the stairs to meet Rebecca.

"That was quick." She chuckled as we walked out the front door and climbed in the car.

I stared down at my phone and pulled up Logan's contact name.

A: I'm going out with Rebecca and Laurie. Be back later (:

L: Okay, see you later babe (;

..

"Table for three, please." Laurie asked polietly to the waiter.

He guided us into a small table in the corner of the resturaunt. We ordered three ice teas while we waited. I noticed Rebecca check her phone constantly ever since we sat down.

"Are you okay?" I tapped her shoulder.

She looked up from her phone. "Huh? Oh- uh, yeah. I'm just.. expecting a call."

"From George?" Laurie asked.

"Um, no." She mumbled, "From my sister."

My eyebrows shot up. I didn't know Rebecca had a sister. As far as I knew, Rebecca's parents passed away when she was barely 14 and she was the only child.

"Your sister?" Laurie gaped.

"Yes." She half smiled, "When my parents passed away, she was a wreck. She had to leave college to take care of me. She took care of me until I was out of high school. And as soon as I graduated, she gave me a thousand dollars and left. I have no idea where she went. She stopped answering my texts and calls. We kind of became.. strangers."

I patted her shoulder in comfort. "Were you trying to reach her now?"

She bobbled her head in response. "I invited her to the wedding, even asked her if she could give me away, but she never responded to my calls."

"She'll come." Laurie reassured, "You're her sister."

Rebecca waved away the subject. "Anyways," she turned to me, "Ava, have you got your official acceptance letter from Juliard yet?"

I shook my head somberly. I was starting to think that I was never going to get one. I worked my butt off to maintain a 3.9 GPA throughout the year. After graduation, Lilian immediately sent out an application for me. It's been a month since she mailed it. Juliard is my only hope. If I don't get in, I'll be stuck on a waiting list. But if I do, I'll have to try to find a way to tell Logan. Logan had already been accepted to the University of Utah here in Salt Lake City. We hadn't exactly talked about college together, but he already assumed I'd be joining him. It's only a matter of time before I have to tell him.

I zoned out of both Laurie's and Rebecca's conversation, lost in my thoughts. Only till Laurie's voice spoke his name.

I snapped my head back up. "What did you say?"

"I, uh sent an invitation out to Taylor and his father." She shyly smirked, "I hope that's okay. I really wanted him to come to the wedding. Ever since your father first proposed, he never said anything about coming. I just thought if I sent him an invitation, it might convince him to come.. I'm sorry Ava, I probably should of asked first, I didn't-"

"Oh, don't be sorry," I waved off the apology, "he's your son. He's more than welcomed." I forced a smile.

Ever since the last time I saw him, Taylor had no attempt to contact me. Even after 4 months, I'm still not sure how to feel about it. I should be glad. He listened to me, for once. He's moving on. He's living his own life and out of mine. I should be happy. So why do I not feel resolved yet? He hadn't fought for me. He hadn't tried to come after me. He.. gave up.

Wait, this is what I wanted. I wanted it to be over.

I shook my head out of this thought. I can't keep thinking about it. The more I do, the more mix feelings begin to show. I picked my head back up, breathed, and mustered a smile on my face. I'm fine now. I have everything I could ever want. Im happy. I'm finally happy.