Chapter 39- The Last Time, The End, And One More Surprise

Ending song: The Last Time- Taylor Swift ft. Gary Lightbody.

The song is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to hear during the last chapter. You will see the lyrics as you read because they are definetly essential to know and listen to.

Some of you may think this ending maybe super cheesey but I swear I had dreams about ending it like this. So please, keep an open mind and I hope you enjoy.

..

Ava's POV.

I gathered my folded clothes and setted them neatly into my suitcase. Just as I zipped the bag shut, Kylie walked into my room.

"You all set?" She asked, taking a seat on my bed.

"Yeah, I think I am," I stated proudly.

"I'm so excited," she squealed, "Jason and I are going to go for picnics in th orchards, midnight walks-"

"Skinny dipping in the lake?" I chuckled as I arched an eyebrow.

"Maybe," she batted her eyelashes innocently, "I'm so glad you're coming with us."

"Well, I certainly have nothing better to do," I remarked playfully. A few moments of silence passed before I hesistated to speak again, "You.. You haven't heard from Taylor, have you?"

I wanted her to say she at least had a two minute phonecall with him last week or a simple text message letting us know he's doing well. However she shook her head, making my heart drop from it's placing. It was like he had disappeared off of the face of the earth, never to be contacted again. I sighed deeply as I nodded in acceptance. "Thought so."

She stood up and wrapped her arms around me in comfort. Mine and her friendship has really come along way since high school. She was a horrible, scandalous girl who enjoyed bringing hurt to others. But I soon learned that she had walls built just as high as mine were. Even though we both reacted in different ways, we were both going through our own daily struggles and fights. She had become a sister to me, helping me and sharing the weight on my shoulders in my times of need. And if the tables ever turned, I would definetly be there for her.

"Don't worry Ava," she murmured before pulling away, still facing me, a sympathetic smile on her face as she rubbed my arm, "You're going to have fun at the lake house. I promise."

"I doubt it," I chuckled away my saddened thoughts. A small smile overcame her lips once more before leaving my room.

I set my suitcase on the ground and climbed into the soft covers of my bed. My eyes ached from the lack of sleep from the previous night. My body relaxed into my bed, feeling every sore bone settle in ease. As soon as my eyes closed shut, I was almost immediately sent into an unconsious trance.

..

It took almost twenty minutes as we packed and loaded everything into Jason's car. We gathered our suitcases and last neccesities we needed before hitting the road. My eyes pryed awake as we started to leave the city. I watched the beautiful views of my surroundings as the car drove past. But soon, my eyelids felt heavy and I was once again being pulled into sleep's depth.

"Do you ever wonder about your future?" I asked him as my fingers traced patterns onto his skin.

"No," He admitted. I lifted my head up to face his gaze. His eyes stared straight up at the ceiling.

"Why not?"

His eyes faltered before returning down to my own. His eyes held fear and curiousity, as if he never gave it a thought, and if he did, he wasn't a good one.