Chapter 8- Reunion

Ava's POV.

I closed my eyes in ease, letting the soothing alcohol chill down my throat.

"You think we should go back now?" Logan asked in the drivers seat. "We're supposed to be at your house for dinner like, right now."

"Just one more drink." I groaned as I took the last drink that was within the bottle. "Okay, I'm good. Let's get this show on the road."

He backed out of the Carl's Jr driveway and drove back to my house.

"I'm surprised you didn't get any on your dress." He chuckled as he stared at my violet dress.

"I'm surprised you let me drink before dinner." I reached in the backseat for my backpack and took out a pack of gum. I unwrapped one and popped in it my mouth, along spraying myself with perfume.

"I don't necessarily agree, but it looked like you needed a drink."

I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek in grattitude. I appreciated Logan understanding my situation, even if we could never put it into words. I dreaded joining this dinner, knowing he would be there. But you can't avoid the inevitable, no matter how much I wanted to.

Soon after he pulled up in my driveway, I saw a few cars surrounding the yard. I took a deep breath and desperately wished there was still more vodka in the bottle.

Logan's warm hand rested over mine, and his eyes reassuring. "Don't worry babe. I'll be right here."

We got out the car and walked inside hand in hand. We were greeted by my dad and Rebecca, with Laurie, Richard, Mr. and Mrs. Carter behind. I looked around the kitchen and living room, no sign of Taylor. I let out a relieved sigh as my shoulders eased.

Suddenly, a doorbell ring discomfirmed my thoughts and I was again left to hold my breath. Rebecca rushed over and opened the door, revealing a tall man with brown slick hair with a milk chocolate colored woman with black curls and a swollen belly on his arm.

"Grayson Andrews?" My dad said, "Long time no see!" I turned to see the two men greet each other.

Andrews? Oh shit. Taylor's dad. Then who's-?

"This is Pamela," Taylor's dad introduced. They all smiled and waved to her as they welcomed her into their conversation.

Logan's hand was still wrapped around mine. He tugged on my fingers, turning me back around. My eyes widened as I saw what was in front of me.

His hair was shorter, slick, and his dark caramel eyes as bright as ever. His full lips curved into a full smile, making something in my knees start to tremble. I couldn't help but hold back a smile myself. My eyes traveled from him down to his hand, holding onto another tiny hand. Another small body clinged to him, a pair of crystal blue eyes staring right up at me. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Taylor Andrews." My dad came and patted Taylor right on the back. "I was afraid you weren't going to come to my wedding."

"Wouldn't miss it for the world Mr. Parker." He said, taking a quick glance at me.

"And this must be Emily." My dad crouched and waved to the shy little girl.

I stood there, confused as I could be. Was she related to Taylor? She didn't look like him at all, nor his father or his fathers girlfriend.

"Do you think she could sleep in one of the rooms? She already ate and I think it's time for a nap." Taylor smiled down at Emily. The first time I've seen him smile, looking at her as if she means every gem and treasure in the world. I adored the way he seemed to protect her while she clung to him. However I was still confused as to who this little girl might belong to.

"Yeah of course," My dad said as he turned to me and gave me a pleading look.

"She could sleep in my room." I slightly groaned as my hand slipped out of Logan's and I started to walk towards my room with Taylor behind me. The exact situation I did not want to be in with him.

He tucked the toddler underneath the blankets and kissed her on the forehead.

"Try to get some sleep, okay Emily? See you in a few." He whispered.

He stood up and turned to me, his smile faltering.

"Night Daddy." She mumbled, which made my eyebrows shot up in surprise. Daddy? No, please no.

"I-Is she yours?" I hesitated to ask. He seemed to brush off my question.

"No." He stated, "I'm taking care of her for a friend."

I knew there was more truth to that, but I forced a smile. I didn't want to know who this friend was.

"You look great, Avalyn." He said with a small smile, "It's been a long time."

"It has." I agreed, turning my gaze down to the floor, "It has been a long time."

"How are you?"

"I'm doing great," I nodded, displaying my biggest smile, "Better than ever."

He nodded his head in agreement, "That's great to hear."

Something about him was different. He wasn't playful or immature like he used to be. He seemed.. grown up? Silence stilled between us, making me uncomfortable in the dimly lit room.

"Thank you for coming to my dad's wedding." I changed the subject, "Apparently it means a lot to him."

"Yeah, I'm glad to be his bet man."

I froze with my mouth slightly ajar. Best man? My dad asked Taylor to be his best man?

"You're his best man?" I repeated in shock.

I could see him fight back a smirk. There was that immature Taylor I so didn't miss.

"Yeah, he had asked me over spring break. Is that a problem?"

"N-No. I just thought he was going to ask Logan, that's all."

With our relationship, I would have assumed my dad would have asked Logan.

One of his eyebrows raised, "You mean your boyfriend? No."

Now I desperately wanted to punch him in the face. I glared at him ready to defend for Logan, "He would of been a great best man. He deserves it."

"Apparently your dad doesn't think so." He daringly smirked.

I was now on edge as I stormed out of the room. I gave my dad a fiery glare in his seat, making him squirm and avert his eyes.

"You okay babe?" Logan asked me, examining my angry features. I could hear Taylor's feet shuffle behind me as he left my room as well. Logan looked past me and to Taylor, a death glare appearing on his face. He walked up to him, looking ready to punch him. All anger drained out of me replaced with fear as I grabbed a hold of his arm, restraining him as he spoke.

"You leave Ava alone, alright? Don't you dare speak to her, touch her, or even look at her." He warned with a dark tone I haven't heard before.

I was afraid of Taylor's temper, worrying he blow up on Logan any second. Instead he seemed amused by Logan's outburst. Not affected at all whatsoever.

"Let's go." I pleaded with Logan, "Please let's just go."

We now had everyone's attention as they stared at Logan and Taylor. Logan reluctantly backed away and followed me outside. He started to walk away on the sidewalk and I stayed on his tail.

Once we were a fair amount distance away from the house, I stopped walking. The current events were overwhelming. This is exactly why I didn't want Taylor to be here. All he is, is trouble. My eyes started to water as my mind filled with memories of all Taylor's outrages and his truly scary moments when all he did was stay silent. I tried to catch my breath as I sobbed and I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

"Why can't he just leave me alone?" I sobbed into his chest, "Why can't I just catch a break?"

No matter where I am, Taylor will always be there. I try and try to forget about him, to forget our destructive relationship, but no matter how hard I try to forget, his face will always be a reminder of our painful past. One that I so desperately wanted to escape.