Chapter 13- Wedding Day

Ava's POV.

"Are you sure this isn't too much?" Rebecca critized her wedding dress as she stared into the mirror.

"This is your big day, you look absolutely beautiful." Laurie assured her, "George is one lucky guy. Right, Ava?"

I looked up and quickly displayed a sincere smile. "Of course. My dad is super lucky to have you."

Rebecca smiled gratefully. I continued to fumble with my strapless lavender dress Rebecca had chosen for us bridesmaids to wear. Richard poked his head inside the room and called out to us. "All bridesmaids out there. We're about to start."

"I think I'm going to be sick." Rebecca muttered.

Laurie, Lilian, and I scattered out of the room and waited patiently behind the doors. My dad's groomsmen, Taylor and Richard, came out of their room and met with the bridesmaids they would be walking down the aisle with. I searched for Logan frantically.

"Where's Logan? I'm walking down the aisle with him." I whispered to Richard but he only shook his head in confusion.

"He's still in the dressing room. He doesn't know how to put on a fucking bow tie." Taylor snickered.

"Why didn't you help him then?" I shot back.

He shrugged, "Not my problem."

I rolled my eyes. "I have to go find him." I continued to walk but I felt a hand grab ahold of my arm. I whipped around to see Taylor grabbing me. "Let go," I urged, "I have to go find him."

Just then, the slow tune of a wedding song began to play. Shit. The doors were about to open and I have to get Logan.

Laurie seeed more irritated than I was at Logan's slip up. "I'll go find him. Ava, you have to fill my space."

I stared at her, "You mean walk down the aisle with Taylor?" What? I wasn't going to walk with him, no way.

"Just come on." She pulled me towards Taylor. "I'll be right back."

I stood awkwardly next to him, avoiding eye contact. His cleared his throat beside me, and fought a smirk. "Show time." He muttered.

The doors slowly opened. Emily, dressed in a tiny lavender dress stumbled down the aisle, throwing flower petals at the ground. I hesitantly interwined my arm with his and I rolled my eyes. I was still very furious with him, but it looked like I had to suck it up for today.

I could see my father, dressed in his best black tux standing at the altar. He smiled at me as Taylor and I slowly walked down the aisle together. I couldn't help but look around at all the people that arrived to my dad's and Rebecca's wedding.

"You look beautiful." Taylor murmured quietly beside me.

"Now's not the time for small talk Andrews." I muttered back.

"Just take a compliment," He said, "I know you're still pissed about yesterday, but you shouldn't be. We broke up and I thought you would move on, I didn't-"

"We can't talk about this right now." I quietly urged.

"We will talk about this later."

I fought back to roll my eyes and we finally tore apart to stand on the opposite sides of the altar. After Lilian and Richard walked, I saw Laurie and Logan quickly get to their spots and began to walk down the aisle. Logan's bow tie was mishapen but okay for the most part.

Then, with Diana on her arm, Rebecca walked down the aisle gracefully. Her beautiful white dress stalking behind her. My dad's eyes never left her as she nervously walked with the brightest smile. When she reached to her spot, the room quieted down as the pastor spoke.

I didn't pay much attention to his speech. I glanced over to Taylor, to already find his beautiful amber eyes staring right back. I could feel my cheats heat up and redden, causing a small smile to appear on his face. He winked and I averted my eyes to the ground nervously.

Sometimes, I thought that one day, all of this would have been my special day. Sharing it with the one I love. I used to think it would be Taylor. I could even still picture it. Taylor's wide eyes admire me as I walked down the aisle in my white wedding dress. My dad would shake his hand and mutter, "Take care of my daughter Andrews." I could imagine staring at Taylor nervously, searching his warm eyes for reasurance. He would mouth 'Don't worry babe.' to me, making my heart flutter just at the thought.

Now, I replaced Taylor's face with Logan's and something wasn't right. It didn't feel right. Then I began to wonder, do I want to marry Logan? Surely we would wait, but we've been together for 5 months. Was it wrong to feel like this? Why was it so hard to picture a future with Logan? With Taylor it was different. Taylor and I talked about these things. We'd spend Saturday nights staring at the stars on his roof, whispering promises of a life together. Why couldn't it be like that with Logan?

Come on Avalyn, get your shit together. Now is not the time to break.

"I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Parker. You may now kiss the bride."

I looked up, Rebecca and my dad shared their most passionate kiss, making my heart warm. I displayed my happiest smile as Rebecca became my step mom. I know somewhere, wherever my mom was, she was looking down at us. Happy that my dad and I had moved on from her passing. I remember how hard her death was for me. I was always in a shadow, letting darkness eat me away as I slowly killed myself with alcohol and razor blade cuts. My mind went immediately to Taylor. Taylor. He had pulled me out of my darkness. He was my light that brightened my life. Around him, I was able to breathe. The air was clearer when I was with him although my mind raced with thoughts. My heart skipped mutiple beats when our lips met. No matter how bad my life was, when I was with Taylor, for just a moment, everything was perfect. I could breathe again.

"Ava." Logan's voice snapped me out of my thoughts, "It's time to head over to the reception hall."

"Good." I forced a smile, "I need a drink."