Chapter 16- Love Lessons From Lady Satan

Ava's POV.

We pulled up into my driveway, my dad's red car out of sight. They must of gone out for lunch or something.

"Thank you for the ride." I murmured, avoiding eye contact with Taylor. He was silent the whole ride, which usually meant he was angry or had a lot on his mind. Probably both. I took a deep breath, "I.. I think it's best if we just not talk about what happened. Let's just forget about it, and don't bring it up again. It's for the best, you know? We both it was-"

"It was a mistake." He muttered harshly. "I get it. You can get out of my car now."

I kept in the fumes that were already arising and exited his car. I ran to the front door and thank god it was already unlocked. I shut the front door behind me and looked around the empty house. I wiped angry tears that were threatening to spill. He could be such a jerk.

I heard the sound of glass smashing, making me jump.

"Shit!" I heard someone yell out.

I walked to the kitchen and looked down. There Diana was on the ground, picking pieces of glass shards off the tile floor.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, "Where are my parents?"

She picked herself up from the floor with pieces of glass in her hand. "They left on their honeymoon.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion, "Honeymoon? I thought they couldn't afford a honeymoon."

She shrugged her shoulders and continued to pour herself another glass of water. "I paid for it, my treat. They should be here sometime next week. Becca asked me to stay here for the meantime and watch over the house. You don't mind right?"

"No, not at all."

Just as I about to walk to my room, she called out, "Uh, Ava?"

I turned back around, forcing a smile. "Yes?"

She seemed a little hesitant as she spoke. "Do you mind if I invite my daughter over? It's really been a long time we bonded since my husband-" she paused, her smile faltering, "Would you be okay if she and her baby came over? I would go over there but I have no car. Is that alright?"

"Uh, sure. No problem."

I turned around and walked off. But instead of heading to my room, I reached the front door once again. I stepped out into the fresh air, and stood on my front porch. I looked out to Logan's house across the street and immediately felt a pang of guilt arise in my stomach. He does not deserve this. But I can't face him now, I'm too much of a coward.

I walked away from my house and towards Taylor's neighborhood, with only one destination on my mind. I really didn't want to do this, but I don't know where else to go.

..

Kylie's POV.

"Darling, are you sure you don't want to come with us to Paris?" My mom peeped her head into my room.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "You took me to Paris two years ago. I know it like the back of my hand."

She shrugged and smiled, "Well see you in a few days, behave yourself."

As soon as she left, I flung myself back into my comfy bed. Looks like this is what I'm going to be doing for the rainder of the time until they come back and I couldn't be more happier. Just as I was about to doze off to sleep, a doorbell rang from downstairs.

I groaned and held down a pillow over my head in hopes to drown out the sound. After the fifth ring, I dragged myself out of bed and down the stairs.

I reached the front door and swung it wide open. My mouth almost dropped to the ground when I saw who was standing on my door step. Avalyn Parker.

"What are you doing here?" I asked purely confused.

"I.. need your help." She murmured, her eyes averted to the ground.

Ava needs my help? What am I, a freaking therapist?

"With what?"

"Taylor."

..

She sat down beside me on the couch as I listened to her and Taylor's love affair from the previous night. I choked down sobs that were threatening to come out. As painful as it was to hear about them sleeping together, it wasn't my place to say anything. I knew he loved her from the first day I saw them together. And I knew she loved him right back. I couldn't interfere. As much as I wanted his feelings to be towards me, I knew they would never be. I tried to cover my emotions as I spoke.

"Damn girl, you look like you're in some deep shit." I huffed.

She stiffled a chuckle, her saddened eyes glossy from tears. "What do I do?"

I took a deep breath and immediately knew the answer. "You have to tell Logan. He deserves to know, Ava. Try to think about him."

She nodded slowly, knowing it was the right thing to do. "He's gonna break up with me, isn't he?"

I stayed silent. I honestly don't know how he is going to react. But I do know that he has feelings for her. Stronger than I thought. I knew he did ever since he first came here. I chuckled at the thought of both boys being so in love with her. What was it about her?

"Thank you for listening." She half smiled, "You're really not so bad after all."

"What are roomates for." I smiled back. "By the way, my mom already has the apartment ready for us. We can move in any time. You ready?"

Her face fell and stayed silent. "I don't think I'm going. I haven't even gotten my letter.. I.. I don't think I got in after all."

I put a hand on her shoulder for comfort. "You can still come with me if you want. Who cares about Juliard? Anything is possible in The Big Apple."

She stood up and looked at me. "Thank you again Kylie. I guess I should get going."

Before she took a step, I reached out and lightly grabbed on her arm.

"Hey, everything is going to be alright. If he loves you, he'll forgive you." I said. They'll be fine. What could possibly go wrong?