Chapter 14- Too Many Drinks

Songs for this chapter-

Give Me Love- Ed Sheeran.

Ava's POV.

I flung my head back as I finished off the rest of the champagne.

"Woah, calm down there." Logan chuckled, "I don't want to have to carry you out of here."

"It's a wedding!" I tried to shout over the loud music. Logan and I were at the bar of the dimly lit reception hall. People danced around us, music blasting throughout the room. Now was the time to celebrate, to consume as much alcohol I could get my hands on.

"Can I have some more champagne?" I called over to the waiter. He filled my glass to the very top. Before I could reach for it, Logan's hand stopped me.

"Ava," He whispered to me, "I think that's enough."

I pulled away, slightly irritated. "You sound like my father."

"I'm not your father, I'm your boyfriend."

I cringed and shook my head as I drank more out of my glass. "You're ruining my fun." I shooed him off, "Go be bossy somewhere else."

"Ava, I'm serious." He said sternly.

"I'm serious too," I said nonchantly and shooed him for a final time. He rolled his eyes and walked off. My mind was occupied with other thoughts to care. I need to forget about yesterday, and alcohol seems like the perfect way to do it.

"Having fun?"

I turned around to see Taylor smiling at me as he leaned against the bar. I started to feel a little tipsy, but I kept my balance as I stood by him.

"Yes, a lot of fun." I hazily smiled.

"Where's Mr. Perfect?" He asked, already knowing he was preferring to Logan.

I scrunched my eyebrows together. "He was ruining my fun so I told him to go away." I poked my finger right into his chest, "So don't even try it mister."

He chuckled, "You're so drunk."

"This isn't even close to drunk. Damn champagne hasn't even given me a buzz." I loudly snorted.

"Want to get out here and get some?" He offered, "I have a bottle of vodka in my car."

"What about your girlfriend?" I asked, irritated already just by the subject.

He chuckled, "She's with her mom and daughter. I think she will be occupied for the rest of the night."

"Mhm, I don't know." I pretended to my think about it, "I'm still pretty mad about what you did."

He stepped closer to me, and my heartbeat started to race a little quicker. And let me tell you, it wasn't the alcohol.

"Let me make it up to you." He whispered.

A little flustered, I stepped back. "Now I'm starting to think you're the whose drunk and not me."

"I don't drink anymore." He confessed.

I again furrowed my eyebrows. "Taylor Andrews doesn't drink? That's a shock."

"You're never afraid to speak your mind," He admired, "Even when you're not drunk."

I displayed my best smile and proudly carried myself. "It feels good. At least I'm not the quiet girl I was a few years ago."

"No.. you're definetly not." He grinned. His glance flickered to my wrists. "So.. you've been okay?"

I highered both of my wrists in his direction, "I'm clean Andrews. I have been since senior year."

I hated to think about the poor, silent, broken girl I was when I first moved here. It's not who I was. It was depression speaking for me.

"How about we go get that drink." I smirked, "I need something strong."

He offered his arm to me and I gladly tucked my arm under his.

..

We sat on the front of his car in the warm summer air, passing the vodka bottle back and forth to each other. Taylor insisted to have some drinks becase he didn't want me to finish it all by myself.

"I think I'm starting to regret this." I stared blankly ahead of me.

"Why?" He said drawing his eyebrows together.

"Because I'm not supposed to be here." I turned to him with saddened eyes, "Here with you, it's not right." I picked myself off of the car and straightened my dress. "Thank you for the drink Taylor, but I should go."

I started to walk away but his hand grabbed onto my arm and pulled me back, whipping me back around to face him.

His glassy dark eyes pierced into mine and I had to force myself to look away.

"Why do you keep doing this? Why do you keep pushing me away? I know you miss me." He said.

"Of course I miss you." I stated, fighting back tears that were threatening to spill, "But just because I miss you doesn't mean I will go back to you. You hurt me, Taylor. Do you not realize that? Everyday I fought a battle against my depression and you left me to fight alone. You weren't here when I needed you. You lied to me. You promised you would never leave. How can I forgive you for that?"

With pleading eyes, he spoke, "I know, Ava. Okay, I know. I fucked up, I admit it. You don't think I have to live that? But can't you see I want to make it up to you?"

"We can't." I whispered, "It's too late for us. We both have our own lives. You have Sarah and I have Logan. We're just friends Taylor."

He huffed, "Friends. Friends don't look at each other the way I look at you. They don't crave for their friend's touch the way the way I do yours. You can tell me we will only be friends, but I know your heart says something different." his finger traced along my arm, leaving goosebumps in their wake, "I bet Logan doesn't know how to touch you the way I do. I bet he can't make you feel good the way I do. You say one thing, but your body responds differently. You know I'm the only one who could make you feel like this.."

He leaned into me, his lips pressing against my neck. He kissed lightly as he made his way up to my jawline. I closed my eyes and let myself feel the pleasure he was giving me. Something inside me warmed, and the longing ache in my chest finally ceased. He finally reached to my lips, hungrily taking my bottom lip between his teeth. He pulled me closer, pressing our bodies together. I let go of my worries in that moment, and kissed him, longing for his touch. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders as his tongue swiped my bottom lip, begging for entrance.

"Let's get out of here." I breathed in his mouth.

He pulled away a little and focused his eyes. "You sure?"

I stared up at him and nodded. "Before I change my mind Andrews."

He smirked and took my hand. He stepped to the side and motioned his car with his other hand. "After you."

I rolled my eyes and chuckled, walking to his car. The music grew fainter as we drove off away from the wedding, and from everyone we knew.