Chapter 19- But You Love Her

Taylor's POV.

I watched her as she gave me one last smile and walked away.

I let her walk away.. again.

I sighed deeply befote turning around and heading up the stairs. But a figure stood at the top of the staircase and familiar brown hair caught my eye. Fuck.

"Sarah?"

She walked down the steps, and when she came into light, tears glistened on her cheeks. Fuck. She just saw everything.

"Sarah.." I tried to step closer to her, but she only stepped back. She held her hands up in front of her. I held my breath as tears silently left her eyes.

"You.. you should of told me." Were the only words that left her mouth.

"Told you what?"

She looked up, pain evident in her blue eyes.

"That you didn't love me."

I took a step towards her and held her in comfort.

"Of course I love you," I reassured her. "I love you."

She pulled away quickly, mixed emotions taking control.

"No." She shook her head, "Not the way you love her. Not the way I want to be loved."

"Sarah, please. I do love you, can't you see that?"

"Then why were you holding her so close? Why were you kissing her so passionately? Why were you telling her all those things?"

I paused, trying to find the words to speak.

"You love her." She sobbed, "I watched you take her in your arms, like you had the whole world right in front of you. You don't look at me like you look at her. You never did. I wanted to believe you moved on. I wanted to believe that you could love me as much as you did her, if not more. But I was just fooling myself.. this entire time."

I recognized the broken girl in front of me. It was the same girl that I bumped into at the resturaunt. It was the same girl that kept her thoughts in a little black notebook. The same girl that I saw lay in that hospital bed a year ago. She was broken once again.. I broke her.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered, "I-I didn't mean for you to get hurt. You weren't supposed to get hurt."

"It's not your fault," She said, "I'm the one who thought I could trust you."

"You can trust me," I pleaded.

"What about Emily, huh? What am I supposed to tell her?"

"I'll still take care of her Sarah. I won't leave her. Or you." I couldn't lose Emily. I wasn't going to have it.

She shook her head. "I can't let you do that. I can't let you give up your life for us. You deserve a future too Taylor."

"But what's going to happen to Emily if I don't? She won't have you or me.. Whose going to take care of her?"

"I don't know.. But until I figure things out, I think you should go with her."

"What?" I asked, confused and shocked. She wants me to leave?

"To New York?"

She sniffled, "I know you can't be happy with me. You can't be happy wherever you are if you aren't with her.. Just go. I want you to be happy and if you're happy with her.. in New York, then okay. I expected too much of you and I forgot that you have a life of your own. You can't waste it here."

I tried to process the different thoughts that scattered through my mind. I couldn't leave to New York. I couldn't abandon Sarah or Emily. There's no one that could take care of her except me. As far as I know, I do have a future. Even if its not the one I want.