Chapter 36- I'll See You

Taylor's POV.

I watched as her toes sank in the sand as she held her knees close to her. Her warmth radiated off of her and into me, sending goosebumps along my arms. She looked out at the beautiful sunset that was halfway covered by the horizon. Her green hazel eyes glowed with such intensity, it was hard to tear my eyes away from her. I wandered what could be running through her mind as she stared at the sunset. I want to spend the rest of my lifetime wandering what she could be thinking about and secretly hoping it would be me.

"Taylor," her voice spoke softly.

"Mhm?"

"Are you afraid?" She asked suddenly. I furrowed my eyebrows as I tried to understand what she meant. "Are you afraid to not be with me.." So that's what she was thinking about.

"No," I shook my head, "I'm not."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't need to be afraid of not being you. You're always with me wherever I go."

She seemed unsatisified by my answer as a frown started to tug at her lips. I leaned in closer to her, taking in her sweet scent before murmuring, "What's wrong?"

She never took her eyes off of the sunset as she whispered, "I'm afraid." What could she be afraid of?

"Why are you afraid?" I asked in concern.

"A lot can happen while you're away.."

"Yeah," I nodded, "A lot can." I had no idea where she was going with this yet.

"What if you don't feel the same way about me when you come back? What if.. you don't come back at all.."

I took her hands and faced my body towards her. I wanted to chuckle and tell her she was being ridiculous, but I knew she needed to hear it. She needed to hear that I wasn't going to change my mind about us. "Never in a million years will I even consider leaving you again," I spoke softly but kept my seriousness all the while, "I didn't follow you to New York so I could toy with you into believing that I wanted you. Because I do want you, I need you.. more than anyone could ever want and need a person. No matter how far I am or what happens, I'll never change my mind. Nothing could ever change my mind. I've built my entire world around you. Without you, I've got nothing. You're what makes me whole again."

I brought the pad of my thumb to her face and wiped the tear that escaped her eye. I love this woman down to every piece and flaw. She was going to be the very death of me. I refuse to be anyone else's but hers. No matter what obstacles and difficulties life may set, I'll stay with her through it all.

And even if this time away from her will set things apart, it will never change the love I have for her. Nothing could ever. I will come back to her.

I always come back to her.. Always.

..

Ava's POV.

We walked though the dim hallway,my high heels in one hand and Taylor's hand in the other. We stood in front of my apartment door when I turned to him, "Will you stay the night?"

Hesitation lingered on his expression but willingly nodded. We walked into the dark apartment, hearing nothing but the sound of our own heartbeats fill the silence.

A phone ring interrupted as I looked down at my phone. Kylie's name glowed on my phone screen as I answered it and brought it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Ava! Are you still with Taylor?" She asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm staying the night at Jason's so I won't be there to say goodbye to him. Tell him I wish him the best of luck and to not forget us."